Allatoona

Hard Core

Zack, I blew the pic up and it says Hwy 41 Flea Market......lol

brittonl

Hey, I live right behind the "Crackworth" flea market, you can pick up ducks, chickens, etc all there. They started putting leg jewelry on the ducks and now getting more money for them, guess one must have gotten away!

I did notice a spanish guy up there the other day with a large flat screen and hard core brochures he was passing out, did not understand what he was saying though. :rofl:

Hard Core

Boys, I HAVE GIVEN UP ON LABS AND JUST GOT ME A FEW "BIRD BOYS". I just can't get the little fellas house broke. They always drop a little in thier kennels..lol

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
What is that thing on his leg anyway? Ive never seen one of those. But I am a diehard waterfowler,can anyone take me hunting this year or at least give me some pointers on where to go? I sure would like to get me one of those leg things.

rspringer

What is that thing on his leg anyway? Ive never seen one of those. But I am a diehard waterfowler,can anyone take me hunting this year or at least give me some pointers on where to go? I sure would like to get me one of those leg things.

Why would you go and ruin a good thread like this???

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Cmon man. Not trying to mess up anything, I just know Hardcore is a business man. I'm sure he will pm me with what his price would be to take me to kill that duck. Or maybe I will talk to the marina manager, see if he will give me the green light.

Hard Core

I have been thinking yall where talking about the ring on the dudes finger in the top of the picture....

r_hammett86

i'll rase ya'll to the band. i wonder if its a fake? i have heard that 1 in 12 ducks are banded. how true is that?

because as many ducks as i have killed i should have a lanyard full of em.

set me true on this 1 in 12 number guys.

Nitro

Banned
i'll rase ya'll to the band. i wonder if its a fake? i have heard that 1 in 12 ducks are banded. how true is that?

because as many ducks as i have killed i should have a lanyard full of em.

set me true on this 1 in 12 number guys.

Not true.

The last USFWS estimate I saw was 1 in 700 +/- ( do the research)

I average one band for every 150 birds killed +/- ( and I have killed a pile of Ducks in 40+ years..) in some of the best places in the world.

Most of the people I see around here sporting bands are from resident Geese which is one generation from shooting banded Tamies. (that doesn't impress me)..:rofl:

Show me a fella with a lanyard of #7s and I'll be impressed... It takes years (or one heck of a good place) to kill a necklace of bands.......(or ebay and Daddy's AMEX)

Bands are a bonus. That is all. I know guys who have killed many thousands of Waterfowl and never killed a banded bird. It's luck and opportunity.:D

FWIW, I have killed three (3) banded Mallards in Georgia- all the rest of my bands are from out of state.. I don't keep track of the Canada Goose bands from here - they are meaningless to me. Buncha welfare birds eating Golf course grass and bread at various State parks..

rhammett86- don't break your arm........... you aren't old enough or been in the game long enough to brag on yo sef........ It's been done here to death. Tell me about your last 200 bird season.....with photos would be nice..:rofl:

I know what it takes to stack up corpses- I did it for many years. It's fine to be enthusiastic- just don't embellish too much. :crazy:

You live in Georgia and ask on a public forum for advice about hunting Arkansas.....go slow my friend...:bounce::bounce:

My Bravo Sierra meter is already tuned up for the 09/10 season....yall be careful:cheers:

Last edited:

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
No disrespect, Nitro, but I read Hammets post not as boasting, but just stating that if his 1 in 12 numbers were correct, he (and all of us) should have a lot of bands.Could be wrong, though. Nonetheless, like you said a band is a true reward(like a 150" 10 pt for the goat hunters), so my guess is that maybe even the great Jeff Foiles has visited the ebay (I know thats blasphemous for me and illinoishunter77). His rope is full of em.

Nitro

Banned
It's not one in 12.

Foiles hunts near lots of refuges up North - near banding areas.

I know a few fellas with 10-12 Jack Miner bands........ They live just across the lake from the Miner refuge.

Like I said- luck and opportunity.

SHMELTON

Banned
While we are talking about bands, how long, on average do the ands stay on the legs of the ducks?

Nitro

Banned
While we are talking about bands, how long, on average do the ands stay on the legs of the ducks?

My oldest duck band was on for 16 years and change.

The oldest one I have ever heard of was nearly 30 years.

Depending on the habitat the bird lives in the bands can wear pretty fast. I have one that's worn pretty smooth and it was on the bird eight years.