Need help with license

ratman

Gone But Not Forgotten
I HAVE A 12 YR OLD AT CHURCH I WANT TO TAKE HUNTING HIS DAD HAS HAD NOHING TO DO WITH HIM IN 6 YRS WHAT LICENSE WOULD HE NEED ?:huh:

cball917

i just looked on the ga dnr website. i will give you the link and the info is on page 14. but it says for his age he does not have to have a hunters ed card as long as he is with you. but i am not to clear on license. take a look here is the link. i think you might be able to buy a 3 day license. an honestly if you had time i would help him take the hunters ed course. its free and he will learn more about safety. this will be a big help for him.

http://pub.jfgriffin.com/doc/jfgriffin/09GAHD

ratman

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks guys i will get him in safty course soon as i can he wants to go thanksgiving and will be with me all the time i'll see about harvest tags how do i get them ?

cball917

if your close to a walmart or where ever you get your tags at. most big retail sporting goods stores sell them or you can buy them through the ga dnr website. thank you for stepping up and making a difference in that kids life. your a good man

Stick

You can print them from the online site. You will need to use his SS number instead of a Drivers license. Pretty easy, just put his info in. Good luck to you both on the hunt!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
What stick said.

All he needs are the deer harvest records, assuming you will be deer hunting.

T

ratman

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks all . Westcobbdog guessing about a 29 waist 29 inseam big boy for12 yrs old . Yes we will be deer hunting and small game. Also forgot maybe a medium shirt. Once again thanks for all the info .