Selective Pig Hunting

baldfish

I went and did a little walk about for deer and pigs. Love stillhunting! Well I was about a mile from the truck, nobody else on the property. I was about to my turn around point as to where I was willing to drag something that far back to the truck when I see a couple of pigs at about a hundred yards. I work in to them to about 60 yds both good size sows around 150 or better. Then a little porker shows up about 40 lbs. Trying to decide which one to shoot and drag was made easy at this point. The 40lber fell at the shot. Sure was easy to carry her out like a lunchpale

P1010217.jpg

drippin' rock

Poor Wilbur.:D

I had a few a little smaller than that bust out of the bushes in front of me after I stuck their mother. I couldn't get my arrow on fast enough and they bolted. I'd like to grill a whole one that size!

jsullivan03

I went and did a little walk about for deer and pigs. Love stillhunting! Well I was about a mile from the truck, nobody else on the property. I was about to my turn around point as to where I was willing to drag something that far back to the truck when I see a couple of pigs at about a hundred yards. I work in to them to about 60 yds both good size sows around 150 or better. Then a little porker shows up about 40 lbs. Trying to decide which one to shoot and drag was made easy at this point. The 40lber fell at the shot. Sure was easy to carry her out like a lunchpale

P1010217.jpg

Nice! :cool:

Hunt&Fish

Sows First

I went and did a little walk about for deer and pigs. Love stillhunting! Well I was about a mile from the truck, nobody else on the property. I was about to my turn around point as to where I was willing to drag something that far back to the truck when

I understand your situation. I would have done the same thing. If I'm hunting a food plot or pecan orchard where I can drive my truck I'll always shoot sows first. That way I'm killing generations of pigs - not just one. If no one in camp wants the meat I hook them on a chain behind the truck and tow them to the place where the farmer puts dead cows. Feeds buzzards and coyotes.

georgia_home

there you go brother! fresh hams for the holidays!

threeleggedpigmy

Mod
Staff member
Sissy.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Hey big fellow, you need someone to drag, just let me know.:D

Jake Allen

Good pig big guy!
Looks like a fine dutch oven full to me.
Congratulations!

The AmBASSaDEER

Nice shootin Charlie!