wanna hunt SE IL or Kansas? be a part of live from tree?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
hate to do this publicly, but I screwed up and deleted my inbox with all the PMs from folks wanting to know about hunting up here with us.

In illinois we are hunting with rivers bend outfitters on 3500 acres in gallatin county. we have at least one maybe 2 (come on Jeff!:D) openings in illinois for a combo bow/smokepole hunt. this will be a 6 day bow and 3 day gun. total is $3000 plus $50 a night for lodging if you eat with us or $35 a night if you eat beanie wienies alone in the corner:bounce: plus licenses of course. this is a fully guided hunt. it will be qturn, bubbabuck, ol may, maybe jeff phillips and me on this hunt.

me and bubba have no affiliation with the outfitter other than yall will be sleeping in our house which we have renovated into a lodge with cooler, meat pole and lots of beds. this is NOT a guaranteed hunt...well except its guaranteed you will have a good time and in almost all cases have the opportunity at a beast before the 9 days are up. this is nov 12th-20th.

---------------------------------------------------------

in kansas we have room for 2 on a 1300 acre DIY bow hunt. we have never seen this land, but it looks great from the aerials and we usually do pretty well the first time we set foot on a property! its Chautauqua Co. UNIT 12. price is $1300 per person and it includes lodging but not food. the dates on this is a little flexible, but it looks like nov 5th-10th.

here is a link to the map http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...91659618053145.000498449059b2e9de9af&t=h&z=14

please PM me or bubbabuck and we will respond as soon as we can.

also, know that if you go on either of these you will star in your own episode of live from the tree so be prepared to share all:D

QTurn

Guys, whoever takes this offer on the Illinois hunt will NOT be disappointed! We have a good time. We hunt hard and eat well! You only have to look at the past threads to see what all goes on..

Plus, we'll need someone to perform the redneck fire drill in Nashville on the way back....

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
JT, is goin` barefooted a requirement? :D

I booked a Kansas Hunt with Jeff at Hickory Creek Outfitters I think the week after you DIY hunt. I have never been in that area either, but sounds like a great hunt. The fully guided hunt with food and lodging runs $2400. I cant wait to see your reports the week before I go!! Good Luck

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I am very familiar with that area in Ks. I lived about 20 minutes from there for 25 years.
You will do good on that piece of ground.
Note: Get to know your boundaries well. Try not to venture onto the Quivira Scout Ranch property to the south. They are a picky lot!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
thx for advice notnks...gotta love a picky bunch lol

nico, you gotta be barefooted for @ least part of the trip:bounce:

folks i will return all the PMs when back on a regular puter

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
thx for advice notnks...gotta love a picky bunch lol

nico, you gotta be barefooted for @ least part of the trip:bounce:

folks i will return all the PMs when back on a regular puter

No Prob JT.
I should be about 15 miles N.E. of there the 2nd week of Nov. My best friend owns 1000 acres S.W. of Longton. I plan on spending 10 days there this fall.
If you're in Ks. then, maybe we can hook up for a barley-pop one evening.

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
OK folks.....whos going to join us for the next" BIG ONE" ?????

I'll be pulling my trailer to KS loaded with loc-ons and climbers for us all to use......We will hunt very hard and as always have a lot of good ol fun!!

Who wants to see JT's feet in person???

Ya'll let us know asap !!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I am trying to return all the PMs as they come in. yall hang in there with me

Sundays Money

kansas

I get to be in the live from the tree from kansas just dropped deposit in mail and I can't wait.:cheers: Guys this should be fun with jt and bubba and maybe a chance at midwest monsta. I think there is still a spot open, so come join us.

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
I get to be in the live from the tree from kansas just dropped deposit in mail and I can't wait.:cheers: Guys this should be fun with jt and bubba and maybe a chance at midwest monsta. I think there is still a spot open, so come join us.

Welcome to the next "Big One" Larry !!....Looking forward to adding Kansas to the list this year....Should be a LARGE time for sure !!
Need one more if anyone wants to go chase some KS beast with a stick and string.....Load up boys.....it will be time soon !!!:cool:

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Tackdriver....Glad your going to join us in KS brother for another Big One !!!
I'll get all the info PM to you in the next day or so.....:fine::fine:

hickory

White gold !!!!

here are some sheds that we found over the weekend.The sheds that my buddy is holding will score 170" last season.One side measured out 76.4". Mass measurment was 7.5,5.5,5.5 with 29" main beam.Not to bad for a 8 pt. That will get you fired up !!!!!:banana:

Attachments

• sheds111.jpg
    sheds111.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 2,061
  • sheds 111.jpg
    sheds 111.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 2,042

South Man

Dang guys ya'll shouldn't do that to us Po Folks!

rjk187

Interested in the IL hunt, will check back when I return from vacation to see if there is still an opening.

hickory

Final shed count !!

Ended up with 61 sheds and 3 dead heads.Not including the chewed ones.Here are some more that came after they burned the pastures.Found alot that i missed last year.:cool:It was a great Turkey season too we took 15 Toms and had 4 misses:banginghe Birds gobbled for two months.Got to love it!!

Attachments

• 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,485
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,491

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
That will get you excited !!!!!!....Come on November 5th !!!:cool::cool:

Thanks Jeff !!

Looking for them trail cam pics next !!;)