JT, Bubba & Friends Live From The Tree. Changes and Challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatsmaster

Like the camel said
Guess what day it is ????
Traveling day … we from Florida so 70 don’t scare us we got sunscreen

It’s 5 days in a row for several good bucks traveling same pattern … any day it will be in daylight and hopefully the kids are in the favorite perch’s

Also the old warrior 6 point I posted maybe in slow motion thread about Paducah asked if I work at CNN bc I’m fake news he is a 7
Kids named him RIP
672A58F2-48AD-44D9-B83C-C90851F7D679.jpeg540FFD78-0CFA-41AA-BDAC-1243A01A88D4.jpeg

BornToHuntAndFish

Thanks for all the inspiring hunting updates across the country including the Great Plains of Kansas, Midwest of Illinois & Missouri, and the Southeast of Georgia. Way to get after 'em. Hope ya'll get what you're after in Buckvember & Bucktober with the rut ramping up. Currently seeing lots of whitetails laying on the sides of roads.

Here's more inspiration in recent photos from GON's home page below.

Gwinnett Giant Taken With 7 Yard Chip Shot
Terry Hollis waited and planned for four years for this moment.

November 1, 2022

Terry-Hollis-638x850.jpeg

Terry Hollis with his giant Gwinnett County buck he took on the morning of Nov. 1.

69-year-old hunter from Loganville
16-pointer showed up at 7:32 a.m. on Nov. 1
“I’ve been watching this deer for four years,” said Terry. “Back in the summer, I knew it was going to be a deer I wanted to shoot. I went and bought a nice crossbow, I used to hunt with a compound.”

Terry-Hollis-buck-638x850.jpeg

Terry’s son put a rough tape on the deer. The main-frame 10-pointer has six additional kicker points, and they taped the deer at 200 4/8 inches. The deer has 7 inch bases.

Last edited:

jimbar

Hey a bite size candy bar! It's surprising what you can find in all these coat pockets. Not sure how old it is but it shouldn't hurt me. Now back to hunting

bacon6

Looking at the forecast I’m thinking Bubba might be on to something cool AM’s warm PM’s only one good day in forecast before I head north to hunt with Spikes n Spurs in Lewistown Mo where temps drop down into upper 20’s at night and mid 40’s for highs my first trip since 2018 at KFO

jcooley380

Had this one come cruising by at 8:50 this morning. Was texting my brother and look up and he’s standing in roadbed less than 15 yards, never heard him. Almost bit in the tail again with a phone in my hand. Folks, I’m just a slow learner. Still could have shot him but not quite my minimum yet.

Attachments

• 152F3791-2534-446A-AB01-604477D68F2B.png
    152F3791-2534-446A-AB01-604477D68F2B.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
Last edited by a moderator:

marshallknight

Never have thought they worry about the things they can hear and know what and where they are. They worry more about the little noises that they can't positively identify as OK.
Yes sir, tried to sneak in a quick hunt yesterday afternoon before loggers started thinning timber - I missed it by a day (they were already ready cutting). I decided to hunt anyway since I was already there, they were cutting about 1000 yards behind me, I could hear them talking. Ended up seeing 11 or 12 deer including a couple of 3.5 year bucks, none of the deer paid the loggers any attention.

rosco772001

Like the camel said
Guess what day it is ????
Traveling day … we from Florida so 70 don’t scare us we got sunscreen

It’s 5 days in a row for several good bucks traveling same pattern … any day it will be in daylight and hopefully the kids are in the favorite perch’s

Also the old warrior 6 point I posted maybe in slow motion thread about Paducah asked if I work at CNN bc I’m fake news he is a 7
Kids named him RIP
View attachment 1187037View attachment 1187038
He needs to go

johnnyk2000

Had this one come cruising by at 8:50 this morning. Was texting my brother and look up and he’s standing in roadbed less than 15 yards, never heard him. Almost bit in the tail again with a phone in my hand. Folks, I’m just a slow learner. Still could have shot him but not quite my minimum yet.
One day I hope I have high standards like that. The phone gets my in trouble also. One would think I would learn… nope

Status
Not open for further replies.