Daily Double!

sleepr71

I caught these two out rambling around the cow pasture Monday evening. "Blackie" was laying out there sunning himself & watching the tan one ramble amongst the cows. I managed to sneak up to the fence(keeping some trees between us) & ranged ole Blackie @325yds. After settling into prone position,I held about 8" over & squeezed 'er off & promptly spined Blackie(he moved just as I shot):hammers:. Sent another round into Blackie & that was that:D. By now the tan one was looking around..as he was running away,so I howled & ki-yied a couple of times. He couldn't stand it..:bounce:& came running back to within 225-250,facing me. Held on his nose & sent one,hitting just left of mid-line=DRT. These make 4 in the last two weeks..and hopefully that's it for a while! Just thought I'd share:cheers:Sleepr71

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG00267.jpg
    IMG00267.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:

bamaboy

Nah man! keep on killin em ! they bad, real bad creatures! LOL! Congrats and a nice looking gun too!

sleepr71

Nah man! keep on killin em ! they bad, real bad creatures! LOL! Congrats and a nice looking gun too!

Thanks bud & don't worry..I don't discriminate! The gun is just a lowly STAG Arms:O with a good trigger..but shoots better than me:cheers:Sleepr71

dutchman

Atta way to break up their little party! Good shooting!

Southern Cyote

nice yotes. I call sneakin up on um getting them for free but since you howeld and ky-yied will call it buy one get one free.LOL I assume that rifles a 223 what type of ammo does it prefer? good shooting I take them anyway I can get them.

sleepr71

nice yotes. I call sneakin up on um getting them for free but since you howeld and ky-yied will call it buy one get one free.LOL I assume that rifles a 223 what type of ammo does it prefer? good shooting I take them anyway I can get them.

Yep..buy-one ,get -one free:D & yes..I take 'em however I can:cheers:. Sorry I didn't have an exciting called-'em in story for ya,but I do consider howling & ki-yiing the 2nd one back legit:huh:? Even did it with my natural voice:bounce:. I've killed 4 w/in 400 yds of my house lately & just want 'em gone. On the gun..it's a .223/5.56 & to be honest,it shoots just about everything I put in it well! It was built by the AR Bunker & other than a good(light) trigger,it's a plain STAG A-4. I usually shoot 55gr V-Max's for 'yotes & same weight in GMX's for deer/hogs. The laser works good for after dark work,or when one decides to try & run:bounce: All in all..my favorite 'yote gun for bigger areas,but prefer the shotgun for wooded areas:cheers:Sleepr71

Southern Cyote

What where they males females ? That story got me fired up ready to go. Been seeing a lot latley durring the day .I guess there getting ready to do there thing.

huntaholic

Dang !!

Good Job !!! :fine:

sleepr71

Cyote..I referred to them as "He/Him" but they were both females. Oddly,I howled in and killed two a few years ago from the same field..both of them were females and came in very aggressively to howling. I guess they had a den nearby:huh:. Maybe the girls..only like girls out here:huh::love: January is their breeding season,so IMO, NOW is the time for vocalizations(howling,ki-yiing,etc). It's usually a single male lookin for love,or a mating pair looking to kick the intruders butt:p. Definitely my fav. time to call is NOW,but I'm stuck in the house studying for a huge board exam:cry: I will start calling next weekend & post more pics hopefully(there's a HUGE black one on my hunting lease)! Sleepr71

RNC

Great shootin man !!

Congrats on some fine QDM :)