Do you wear a facemask when hunting?

Do you wear a face mask while hunting?

• Never

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Yes - for some things but not deer (rifle season).

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Yes - for all, or almost all things, including deer.

Votes: 86 78.2%

• Total voters

GeauxLSU

I always wear one when deer hunting and almost always wear one no matter what I'm hunting . I know some people wear one for just waterfowl or just turkey for example but nothing else. Why is that? Have you ever looked at another hunter from a distance and noticed how visible their face (and to a lesser degree hands) is?!?! Just as well have a flashing neon on your head IMHO especially if the sun in the right (wrong?) position.
Just curious. I'm one of few people that I've noticed wearing one during deer (rifle) season.
ps - You can't think of a comment about my ugly mug that hasn't been said already so save your time. :p :whip:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Arrow Flinger

I am one of those that only wear them in Turkey season. I use to wear one bow hunting but have not seen any difference with or without it as far as deer picking me off. I never hunt in the wide open though and am real careful to set up with plenty of cover around me. I have a beard that covers some of my mug so that might help.

QuakerBoy

I only wear one for turkey hunting

Unless you count my insuleated one I wear when the temps get down around 20

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I always wear one.

I have several but my favorite is a loose, baggy one that I've sewn several other pieces of camo material to so that my big ole head doesn't give a silhouette the deer would attribute to a human.

MCBUCK

Bearded one

Nope !!Never did. But I think I should . Now especially since I shaved my beard. I always wore a beard during the season and felt like that broke up the outline well enough, but now that I have the baby face , I think a face net or cover of some type would be benefical.
It's really a pretty face too. :D Clean and smooth.

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I did not vote...I only wear mine during skeeter season. Had too many deer look me in the eye and only smile and say hello. Do wear it for turkeys and yotes (only hunted them once).

Jim

CharlesH

Yes i usually wear it for all seasons; just seems to make me feel more concealed......though i also depends if i'm in a tree or OTG; if i'm sitting in a tree for a while i usually take it off if i'm OTG i always try to remember and put it on

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
It only takes me two seconds to stick one on. It is a small item that might make the difference. During the cold weather I wear a neck gator that I pull up half way but it still conceals some. Bow season, gun season, and turkey season will find me wearing one.

seminoleslayer

Always Turkey Or Duck.i Wear A Half Mask Around My Neck Til I See A Deer Or I Feel Like I Need To Put It On.

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I usually only wear one when it is going to be cold or if I am going to be OTG. I don't turkey hunt, but I imagine it would be a necessity.

I don't know if my buddy Boss Gobbler is still on line, but he can tell you what I usually wear for a face mask when deer hunting! :bounce:

letsgohuntin

I always do... for camo reasons as well as the skeeters. Always wear gloves to, even when its hot... mostly for the skeeters though. I have a pair of gloves that are basically camoflauged batting/golf gloves... I love 'em!!

reylamb

I do not until I see a deer, then I slip it on. Especially when it is hot, those things me sweat too much, and I worry more about scent than the deer seeing my face.

TurkeyCreek

i almost always wear one while deer hunting and always wear one the few times i turkey hunt.

Cranium

Always wear one...have at least 5 different kinds/types ::huh: Probably wear the Pro-Hunter by Scent-Lok the most...