Why I'm against the State's license increase

Mako22

BANNED
Not a troll thread just wanted to point out that some of us are not rich and live on only one income. I have to buy hunting and fishing licenses to take my family hunting/fishing so its not just one license for me, its me and everyone 16 and over in my house hold (4 right now). We get taxed every way coming in this State and hunting ought to be affordable for low income people as well as wealthier folks. I spent several years working for a State agency and I witnessed first hand how the average State employee stewards our tax dollars and it ain't good! Many of them treat it likes its theirs and that there is an endless amount of it. Some of them have a cavalier attitude about your money and how they spend it. I will pay the increased fee but that will be money that will not get spent on needed hunting/fishing items at my local retailer, we will just do without. What will I get out of the increased fee? Probably not much other than a skinnier wallet.

280bst

Woodsman 69 is right at every level of the Gov't they act like it's their $ to do as they want. It was proved in the little "city" of Nicholoson just last year. With me it's not so much the increase as it is the Trust of Gov't employees doing what they say they going to do with our $. We have heard this show & dance before. We shall see what will happen any body taking any bet's the Gold Dome crowd will do the right thing--me neither:stir:

humdandy

Banned
Not a troll thread just wanted to point out that some of us are not rich and live on only one income. I have to buy hunting and fishing licenses to take my family hunting/fishing so its not just one license for me, its me and everyone 16 and over in my house hold (4 right now). We get taxed every way coming in this State and hunting ought to be affordable for low income people as well as wealthier folks. I spent several years working for a State agency and I witnessed first hand how the average State employee stewards our tax dollars and it ain't good! Many of them treat it likes its theirs and that there is an endless amount of it. Some of them have a cavalier attitude about your money and how they spend it. I will pay the increased fee but that will be money that will not get spent on needed hunting/fishing items at my local retailer, we will just do without. What will I get out of the increased fee? Probably not much other than a skinnier wallet.

Get rid of internet service and you can afford more than the price of the increase in the hunting lic.:banana:

Or, buy your own land and you won't have to buy another hunting lic...........ever.

walkinboss01

ditto!!!

kbuck1

Not sure what the increase is. Even if it doubled it would only cost you 80 more dollars. Roughly 6.50 a month. Make 1 less stop a month at a convenience store and you'll have it covered. Do the others over 16 in your household work? If so, make them cough up some dough. Might get to keep some wma's open or have some more dnr officers. It'll be put to good use I'm sure

PappyHoel

Youre getting a new reporting system and a new quota system.

goshenmountainman

I guarantee you we won't see any change in the wma's or the amount of wardens we have. But I bet they will spend it on crap like the new park on the Chattahochee river on the north end of Lanier, we everyday sportsman are paying for the tree huggers to get to stay at parks and go to bicycle trails and horse trails that we can't hunt. If they want extra money they should be charging hikers, bikers, and horse riders for a liscense to use the property that all the hunters are paying for. I heard from a credible source that the park on the north end of Lanier had bought millions of dollars of building material from one company that this guy had delivered for the company, how many of us sportsman have been there and took advantage of out dollars at work. In my opinion that money would have been better spent on the WMA's and on more personnel for the DNR and not the law enforcement side. But what do I know I am just a sportsman that gets promised the world and gets the shaft for the hard earned money we fork out. That piece of property was originally bought for us hunters to hunt but you see what they did, they got another piece of property upstream of this one in White county that we can't hunt and its just sitting there waiting for the funds for another park for the city folks to rough it on the weekend..:stir:

Triple C

Go on a few of the national forums and read the wars that occur in several states between hunters and their state's DNR. We are one of the most blessed states in the union when it comes to folks overseeing our wildlife resources.

We could do away with any regulations and go back to the 1950s when there were no deer in the state to speak of. DNR was the catalyst that brought deer back to GA. And they do an incredible job in managing that resource today. They ask for hunter input and even post on this forum at the risk of being slammed simply because they work for the state government. Count your blessings. We got it real good in GA!!! Even with the increase in license fees, it's still a great deal. :yeah:

PappyHoel

Go on a few of the national forums and read the wars that occur in several states between hunters and their state's DNR. We are one of the most blessed states in the union when it comes to folks overseeing our wildlife resources.

We could do away with any regulations and go back to the 1950s when there were no deer in the state to speak of. DNR was the catalyst that brought deer back to GA. And they do an incredible job in managing that resource today. They ask for hunter input and even post on this forum at the risk of being slammed simply because they work for the state government. Count your blessings. We got it real good in GA!!! Even with the increase in license fees, it's still a great deal. :yeah:

This in spades.

Southernhoundhunter

I'm not completely against license costs but when I'm already paying over 20% in taxes every week, I get perturbed. As Americans, we should be saying when is enough, enough? If you break down what you're paying the government a year, you'll be infuriated. For me, they get around 42% between income tax, property tax, sales tax, licenses and permits, the list can go on.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
If I had faith in our government to do the right thing, I would be OK with a triple increase. However, I have no trust and faith in our goverenment. Just more money in the general fund to support people to lazy to work.

biker13

or build a new futbol park for use by other than hunters

shdw633

I'm not completely against license costs but when I'm already paying over 20% in taxes every week, I get perturbed. As Americans, we should be saying when is enough, enough? If you break down what you're paying the government a year, you'll be infuriated. For me, they get around 42% between income tax, property tax, sales tax, licenses and permits, the list can go on.

This in spades!!!

Government needs to learn to work within their budgets like the rest of us have to!!

goshenmountainman

Has nothing to do with DNR, its the elected officials that say they gonna do this and that and everybody knows they never do. All politicians aren't anything but paid legal crooks, all this money is given to everyone else but the people that pay it in the first place. Get rid of these crooked politicians and we would be alright. The first people to get the funds hacked are the DNR and the state WMA's it should be the bicylces,horse riders, and the bird watchers and tree huggers thatb don't pay anything toward anything.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Has nothing to do with DNR, its the elected officials that say they gonna do this and that and everybody knows they never do. All politicians aren't anything but paid legal crooks, all this money is given to everyone else but the people that pay it in the first place. Get rid of these crooked politicians and we would be alright. The first people to get the funds hacked are the DNR and the state WMA's it should be the bicylces,horse riders, and the bird watchers and tree huggers thatb don't pay anything toward anything.

Do you vote in all elections ?

HOGDOG76

People get on here crying about paying a little more but have thousands tied up in a hunting lease.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

JBowers

Analyzing the costs based on current license fees and those the current legislative measure proposed:

Current license cost per day of opportunity:

Fishing License: $0.02
Hunting License: $0.04
Big Game: $0.11
combo hunt/fish: $0.05
Sportsmen License: $0.15

License cost per day under currently proposed fees:

Fishing License: $0.04
Hunting License: $0.06
Big Game: $0.14
combo hunt/fish: $0.08
Sportsmen License: $0.18

Just another way to look at the annual cost; an amortization. Less than the cost of a soft drink or cup of coffee per day!