What camo system do you use? Sitka, First Lite, Predator, etc?

BGA

I need some assistance - I am taking the plunge and getting rid of my mismatched cheap camo and want to get something that is full system that will last for years to come. I am leaning towards Sitka but am really stuck since we get cold in GA but we dont get artic cold.

What do you wear / recommend ?

GADawg08

do you still kill deer with your "mismatched cheap camo?" Not trying to be smart, but unless you just have a bunch of $$ I wouldn't waste it on that kind of "system" for GA. Now if I hunted out west or colder places each yr I would probably invest in something like sitka or similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

BGA

do you still kill deer with your "mismatched cheap camo?" Not trying to be smart, but unless you just have a bunch of $$ I wouldn't waste it on that kind of "system" for GA. Now if I hunted out west or colder places each yr I would probably invest in something like sitka or similar.
I do however, I have to replace items frequently due to the way they shrink or lose warmth or degrade overtime.

I have 2 pairs of pants that I replaced 2 times in 3 years.. That is the same cost as 2 pairs of Sitka. So why not buy something you don't have to replace every other year.

BGA

The blue jean/flannel shirt army will be along shortly to tell you you're stupid....that said, I own mostly First Lite. It has the best cut for me(bowhunter) and its very quality gear.

i am waiting for that one... I too bow only. I want quality and durability... and the overall camo pattern matching is cool

Timberman

I like Badlands. Guaranteed for life, the pattern is cool, and I happened to have picked up a pair of Hybrid pants on Ebay for near nothing so I'm a fan!

GeorgiaBob

You do realize that a pair of faded heavy duty jeans or work pants in brown or gray and a faded medium gray (or brown) long sleeve shirt, combined with a dark colored floppy hat, will become almost invisible if you are still and quiet, in brush, or in the shadows next to a tree, or sitting in a shaded stand - don't you?

bubdog

In preparation for a backcountry elk hunt next year, I have bought a combination of first lite, kuiu, and Sitka. I like the fit of first lite and kuiu better, I’m 6’2” - 215lbs. Sitka tops are shorter than I like.

My favorite pieces are the Kuiu merino zip off long johns,, they are incredible for walking to a stand on a cold morning.

The first lite uncomphagre was incredible as well.

I like the FL Camo the best.

It’s really nice to have the merino wool that doesn’t allow bacteria to grow and it’s nice to be warm without the bulk.

Everything I wear is Scent Lok. I have 3 different systems that I can ear between the GA bow season, Kentucky Gun and Alabama gun seasons. They layer well, fit well and are very comfortable to me.

BGA

I just dropped my load on Sitka gear... a lot of pieces

HermanMerman

I have a few First Lite pieces (SS Llano, Hooded Chama, a pair of corrugate guide pants and a pair of the Kanabs). Pay attention to the size recommendations on their site. The Llano and Chama were a tad small. I bought L in both since that's what I wear in everything but an XL on both would have been better.

The Kanabs are super quiet, but they are delicate. I feel like they would get torn to shreds if I stormed through a clear cut with them. The Corrugates are a little noisier, but I wear them all the time fishing, working in the yard, hunting, etc. They are the pick of the bunch so far. I ordered LT on both of the pants and they fit perfect.

Major Wader

I own and like the product from King's Camo, Cedar Creek, Midway, Kryvo, and a couple more. My favorite piece, that goes on every cool/cold weather trip, is my Sleeping Indian vest. Someday, I'll buy a pair of their bibs.

I do not try to match patterns. Most of the time I'm in a ground blind or an elevated box blind, and if I'm in a ladder stand, I generally have a camo net hanging from the shooting rail

DoberMan

I like Badlands. Guaranteed for life, the pattern is cool, and I happened to have picked up a pair of Hybrid pants on Ebay for near nothing so I'm a fan!
This. I have Badlands pants and jacket. Tough, decent camo pattern, and absolutely no questions lifetime warranty. I too got tired of replacing worn out clothes.