What camo system do you use? Sitka, First Lite, Predator, etc?

BGA

This really isnt about "what works and what doesnt" as the most basic of clothing WILL work given the right conditions, scouting, set up, etc...
I was more intersted in those wearing a full system - which one and how do you like it.

Looks like Sitka, First Lite are clear winners.

busta cap

huntin for big nasty
Your right anything will work...after 40+yrs now i just try to hunt smart and have fun...if you like it do it and have FUN(y)... If its gon happen its just gon happen...2016 opening rifle... Grey pants, 20yr old shirt,Ariat work boots..Hung over BAD and reaked of Charcoal from starting Butts at 5:30 AM...I broke every rule of TV hunting... still cracks me up:giggle:b2.jpg

Buckstop

I have a bunch of Cabelas microtex stuff stuff that I've acquired over the years. Reasonably priced and just won't wear out or fade.

I'm sure there is better stuff for more active out west hunts. Based on newer, thinner fabrics. But the microtex is fine for stand sitting in GA temps and likely will last me my lifetime.

madsam

green wool flannel shirt ,levi's, and snake boots.and a orange stocking cap..
hot weather a camo t-shirt and mosquito net shirt.......

godogs57

Try kings Camo. Great products, really competitive pricing. Their “Mountain Shadow” pattern is a thing of beauty. They have, I believe, three levels of pricing. The classic series is good stuff.

Like their products better than Sitka and Kuiu.

Long Cut

Brad, I agree with Jim on the Cabelas clothes, I've got a bunch of it and love it. That being said, Drake is making some god looking deer hunting clothes this year and I may give them a try.

I’ve had poor experiences with Drake jackets keeping me warm. With wool undergarments, layering etc.. I’m giving Natural Gear a try this year

spencer12

Cabelas systems are the best, however now that they only sale their products in "their" patterns I won't be buying anymore. Nothing against the clothing, just don't like the patterns.

Under armour used to have really good clothing but now its just to overpriced and not as good as it was. However, for early season they have some really good shirt,pants options.

MidWayUSA has really good garments in their brand as well. Scentlok has good items but can be pricey.

Nomad has good items have a pullover/pants combo for turkey season, mid-season deer hunting.

ribber

I wear the army surplus woodland BDUs. I have a field jacket with a removable liner that is still my hunting jacket today, and I got it in the mid 90s. It has not faded at all, but I only wash it once/twice a year. I also wear the BDU woodland pants, which are awesome (not the 100% cotton aftermarket ones so much). The 50/50 nylon/cotton BDUs are the best and not cheap, but getting hard to find. I also have a BDU long sleeve shirt/jacket that I wear for the warm days.

FWIW, my eyes tell me it's the hardest to see camo in the south as far as human eyesight. I don't think the deer care. We used to squirrel hunt in pairs (walk about 50 yards apart) and the woodland pattern was almost invisible to me compared some of the newer patterns.

All that said, I've worn jeans and other colors and still killed or seen deer.

Curvebow05

Sitka has some stuff for warmer weather into the 80's. If you call them they will help you piece together what you need. Not sure about the other companies.

MidwestAddiction

Everyone has what works for them sounds like.

I’ve been using the Sitka stratus series pants, jacket, and vest with merino wool base layer and under armour fleece 3.0 upper and lower in between for several seasons now. Mostly hunt the Midwest states but never am cold and can shed to a vest if gets hot.
Sitka outerwear very comfortable and durable, been really happy with it

Mavren

The good news here is that you have choices! I too found myself looking for a good "system" years ago when my "old faded blue jeans" and mismatched camo wasn't holding up. For me, it's always been about keeping me cool or warm and as scent free as possible. I tend to get cold very quickly and layering cotton garments just wasn't doing it. In the early season I'd be boiling hot by the time I got to my stand and would have to bring a change of clothes because of the sweat bath I had just taken. Can you kill with blue jeans and a flannel? Absolutely, but if you're not comfortable in the stand you won't stay or may not even go in the first place. I decided to go with First Lite and haven't looked back. They have a system for all phases of the season. I personally don't think you can go wrong with any of the name brands though (Sitka, Kuiu, etc.). It is a big investment but it's worth every penny if your going further, staying longer, and enjoying your hunt instead of fighting the elements. When it comes to good gear I'd say pinch your pennies in other areas but when it comes to your clothes TREAT YO SELF!

Reactions: BGA

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
i like first lite stuff, I like their fusion camo pattern but I buy mostly for the merino wool and aerowool materials.

uturn

I have the full Monty of Plythal Gear and a bunch of Sitka Fanatic stuff as well and love them both. They are very similar and really my go to..I heard folks beat up on the Plythal stuff but I've had it since its been in production and everything is as new!

I also have some stuff from Kuiu, Cabelas, First Lite and others that I just love...and base layers out the yang! I think a lot depends on ones hunting style...I'm an Archer myself!

I love the modern fabrics and patterns and the attention to detail and hunting preference...kind of a freak about it I guess!

Good luck in your search obviously the choices are endless...enjoy the ride!