Non Drinking Clubs

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever you do, don't read any old hunting stories from Hemingway or Robert Roark where they have the little feller hired to follow them around through the woods of Africa with the bottles of gin and tonic water. You'll get the vapors for sure.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I swear, people get their backs up don’t they? Y’all are still fussing about this? I don’t know if I could hunt with any of y’all because I think I might hurt your feelings too badly.

humdandy

Banned
One child, but she's been around smokers, drinkers, cussers, speeders, tax cheaters, and I am sure several other things. She is also 16 years old and a straight A student and has never posed any issues other than the typical teen attitude.

What do you try to "shield" your kids from? Or is your goal to make judgemental too?

Yep! My philosophy exactly! My girls have been to hunt camp since they infants......and deer blind.

LittleDrummerBoy

I disagree with this 100%. It's not hard at all. It just takes knowing where the line is and having the backbone to enforce it. Drunks, deer killers, poachers, thieves and other trash aren't allowed on my property and I have no trouble enforcing it and if I do I know who to call.

This is true as long as the eyewitness to the problem always has full enforcement authority. When those seeing and experiencing the problem need to convince a third party to solve the problem, it's a much different deal. Third parties are slow to take effective action many times when it is one person's word against another.

SC Hunter

It's off season AND season is getting close so folks will chit chat about anything lol
This time of year this type topic gets brought up every year. It's also when people get their feelings hurt. If you don't like how I do things I really dont care. My step kids see me and their mama drink regularly but we know when to stop. I will have beer or a mixed drink very often in the afternoon or with supper.

People that say that a few beers is killing deer camps and this country make me laugh. Every single deer camp I visited growing up the men were drinking at the end of the day. They'd come pick up us kids in a jeep at the end of the hunt with a beer in between their legs and times were better then. Bringing up the subject of children, this country is going to be in a huge mess the way children are being raised anyway drinking around a campfire in deer camp won't help or hurt them. Look online and social media this country is in a hand basket.

stubrew

People that say that a few beers is killing deer camps and this country make me laugh. Every single deer camp I visited growing up the men were drinking at the end of the day. They'd come pick up us kids in a jeep at the end of the hunt with a beer in between their legs and times were better then. Bringing up the subject of children, this country is going to be in a huge mess the way children are being raised anyway drinking around a campfire in deer camp won't help or hurt them. Look online and social media this country is in a hand basket.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Safe space mentality. My friend Randy has to hide in his camper to drink a beer. That's hard times.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

DynamicDennis

If your weren't wasted.....the day was.....

I only drink on two occasions......by myself or with somebody else.....other than that I don't touch it.........

I only drink on days that end in "Y" also.

When all else fails...buy a case....

On my way home-slice

barongan

Who drink please... Who doesn't drink please... It's individual choice
o.png