Zero, nada, nothing - looking for .270 ammo

oppthepop

Friends - I'm considering getting a .270 for my self someday soon. In looking ALL OVER the internet for ammo and/or brass, I found NOTHING. I mean N O T H I N G!!! I can understand some other calibers like 9mm, .223, .308 - but .270 Winchester??? Any ideas?

au7126

found one box on ammoseek and will be delivered tomorrow. I have never in my fifty years had to pay $3 per shell for ammo

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Never been so glad I stock piled during the last ammo scare. Primer shortage plus political scare has things crazy right now.

chuckdog

$3 a round for .270 Win?

Unless you got some super premium loads that dress the deer for you, that's terrible!

Firearm manufacturers are going to need to import some affordable ammo if they're going to stay in business.

lonewolf247

I just stocked up on core lokts and blue box blue box federals for my 30-06. Bought about 15 boxes at Walmart. You might check around to see what they have. Next trip I’m going out to try to find .270 and .308. Ammoseek and other online ammo search engines are an option too.

Nimrod71

There is ammo around you just have to hunt for it. Last week I was in Tractor Supply and they had several boxes of 308, 30-06, 243 and 270.

Ray357

AWOL
Friends - I'm considering getting a .270 for my self someday soon. In looking ALL OVER the internet for ammo and/or brass, I found NOTHING. I mean N O T H I N G!!! I can understand some other calibers like 9mm, .223, .308 - but .270 Winchester??? Any ideas?
I was in a big sporting goods store yesterday.
They had 12 Ga Birdshot, 2 types 50 BMG, 6.5 Grendel, and subsonic 450 Bushmaster. That was it.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I went to the toccoa walmart sunday. They didnt have one single box of ammo!

rosewood

rosewood

Problem is, the .270 is a very common round for deer hunters. I imagine with the panic, many of those that own them are buying boxes of them anytime they see them on the shelf just in case. Probably reason the stores that normally have plenty are running out right about now.

Man, I sure hope we can weather this storm.

Don't forget to vote in the runoff unless you want it to get worse.

Rosewood

specialk

Download AmmoSeek app on your phone.

Good advice tc....ill add to also get your banks app on your phone too....you gonna need it as well....

Ray357

AWOL
Ammo shortage is so bad...I was at my lgs last week. Guy walked in and said ""I want a case of hollow point pistol ammo." Dealer ask him what cartridge. Guy said "Whatever you got." Dealer said all he had was 45 ACP. Guy said "I will take it. Now sell me a pistol that will shoot it."