HOW LONG TO YOUR HUNTING PROPERTY

Stroker

One hundred yards out the back door. To the club in Junction City, 45 miles of two lane state hwy, 35-45 minutes going, unless I'm pulling a trailer. Coming home usually about an hour. I have a camp and camper there, but do a lot of all day drive by's as well.

B. White

About 200 yds from the side door on days when I think breakfast a 2-3 cups of coffee are top priority. About a 25 min drive when I'm not so lazy.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I can walk out the back door and hunt. Over a million acres of NF right here in my area, too. I also own some land on the SC/GA line that it takes me about 3 1/2 hours drive to get to.

HIGH COUNTRY

I guess one upside us it’s a real break from work and other daily grind things. I drive about seventy miles round trip to work to boot... big course in south ga that’s a thirty minute one way drive. Yes a cabin is in my dreams.... tried rv thing. Just not rv folks I guess at this point in life.... feel blessed to have land in sw fa that is about as private as can be. But not in level as lee county plantation land!!!!! Special though hunting same land for approx fifty years....

01Foreman400

Staff member
Furthest drive is 40 minutes. Don’t hunt the backyard or the 2 other closest places much.

Backyard
1.1 miles
14 miles
20 miles
24 miles
34 miles
36 miles
38 miles

Mackie889

2 hours, 45 minutes for me. Property had an old house that we are currently remodeling but is very live-able currently. Two more hunting seasons before retirement and plan to live there during deer season each year after that. Really love walking out of the house to go hunting!

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
50 minutes to my lease and and 2 hours and 15 minutes to a club I'm in.

gabowman

5 minutes by truck or 4 wheeler to one property. 20 minutes from house by truck to another property. 10 minutes by truck to urban property.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Some family land about 30 minutes . In a lease about the same , other direction . 2 nd year in lease and hopefully it lasts several more years

reflexman

Snake Dodger
480 miles from green acres florida to wrightsville georgia been doing it 14 years. n before that 680 miles to buchanan ga from green acres florida family land.

300 Mag

Depending on Atl traffic I'm anywhere from 2.0 to 4 hours from our property. I'm fortunate enough to have a job and wife that allow me to work from the property. The house is over 100 years old and we have completely updated.

I did 20 years of commuting prior to buying our farm.

I wouldn't trade any part of it, but, I wouldn't commute at this point either.

Attachments

• 2020-01-11_15-35-35_024.jpg
    2020-01-11_15-35-35_024.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 19

Waddams

1 hr 15 mins (2 hrs with bad traffic) to club. I have a cabin tent set up with a queen mattress on a queen folding cot, electric run to it for a small space heater. Extra tarp draped over it traps heat well. Stays really comfy even below freezing and in rain in there.

I also hunt a few public spots that are up to 2 hrs one way from home.

I used to do day trips often. Still do occasionally (got my 3rd deer this year on a lazy day trip for just an evening sit at the club). Mostly, though, I go for multiple consecutive nights, usually weekends.

I might buy a camper one day but the cabin tent has worked great for a few seasons now.

Day trips are hard. The late night home return then the next day are usually just rough for me these days. I much prefer either PTO days and/or weekends staying at camp and hunting.

Beagler

Out my back door, on my land,
If I hunt wma it’s about 25
Minutes drive.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
My lease is about 12 minutes away. The creek here at the house is about a 15 minute walk.