Mice

livetohunt

Are there any chemicals to put around buildings to kill mice? I have a cabin that has a lot of mice and think some type of chemical would be the best option instead of traps, or glue traps.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
1 cup of cornmeal, 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of plaster of paris. Mix well and put it in a place that other critters cant get to it.

basshappy

BANNED
Long term consider outdoor cat for the property. With the auto feeders and water systems the cat will be cared for, and it will deter mice.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I spread the smelliest dryer sheets I can find thru out my RV when it's in storage.

I’ve used d-con with good success, the bigger odd shaped chunks (like 1 sq inch). I’ve put a camera on them and only mice and rats tend to mess with it.

Lilly001

Mouse and rat bait stations work. And they keep most dogs out of the bait.
I put them outside the cabin in sheltered areas.
Also keep grass and other hiding places trimmed up.

Deerhead

Get some rat/mice bait from DIT Pest Control. The commercial grade works but you have to keep it out.

Pig Predator

The rats and mice are attracted to the cornmeal and sugar. The plaster of Paris drys their intestines out.

Minner

This stuff works very well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BV2CGS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We had what had to be either a very mean, very big (or both) rat at hunt camp one year that did some pretty good damage chewing up my camper. Chewed holes in the walls, torn up some storage shelves, even ate all the rat poison we put out AND the box it came it. Lady at a hardware store recommended this and after putting it out we had far less rat and mice troubles.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
What works best for a warf rat? I have one that wont touch a spring trap.
I've seen a wharf rat kick a german shepherds butt.

Nothing short of something with gun powder will work.

ucfireman

If you put out poisons you will kill unintended animals too.
The mouse eats the poison and dies, Then bobcats, foxes, coyotes, neighbors cats or even scavenging birds eat the dead mouse and they die too.

Go to the local shelter and get a spayed/neutered cat to put out. Mice will be gone, just dont feed them too much, just provide a little and some water. You can usually get them free. Feral cats for barns.

Anvil Head

The rats and mice are attracted to the cornmeal and sugar. The plaster of Paris drys their intestines out.
Yeah, but they tend to die inside their hideout in the wall or under an appliance. Sure can smell up the place. Big indicator that this has happened is hundreds of flies all over the place. Pest can find pest. I prefer a good rat snake.

Pig Predator

Yeah, but they tend to die inside their hideout in the wall or under an appliance. Sure can smell up the place. Big indicator that this has happened is hundreds of flies all over the place. Pest can find pest. I prefer a good rat snake.
If you keep a water source close hopefully they'll die right there trying to stay hydrated.