Ram 1500 owners

huntersluck

Bought a 2019 ram 1500 last year it only has about 76k miles on it and is the worst riding truck I've ever owned. (Should have drove more on the test run). Does anyone have any shock or spring recommendations that could help any. I changed the tire brand and it helped a little bit is still terrible

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
^^Correct^^

I’ve always replaced my shocks/struts with Billsteins. Get the front ones adjustable so you can level the truck

Tight Lines

Bilsteins are some of the best for sure. I've used Rancho, Monroe, and my current Nissan has Icon Dynamics. It had Bilsteins before that. If you go Bilstein, splurge and go up to the 5000 or 6000 series vs. the 4000 (assume that's the same for your truck as mine).

Tight Lines

Also, depending on how it handles, if it doesn't have a factory sway bar Hellwig makes good sway bars and helper springs for the rear. Huge difference towing and cornering.

K80Shooter

I drove one for over 100,000 miles. I hated the ride and really hated the hard seat. My cure was a Silverado.

Tight Lines

Also, what tires and wheels are on it? Going down in wheel size and up in tire size will also help...I just went from 18" wheels and 32" tires to 17" wheels and 33" tires on the Nissan...much better ride...

huntersluck

My 2016 road like a dream. I mistakenly traded it for a 2020 Tahoe, the Ram road WAY better.
Hasn't been my experience at all, mine is a 2019 ram classic and I got rid of an old 97 f150 beater that rode twice as good. I will try some new shocks and see what happens

Tight Lines

Hasn't been my experience at all, mine is a 2019 ram classic and I got rid of an old 97 f150 beater that rode twice as good. I will try some new shocks and see what happens
Tires can make a huge difference...what size wheels/tires do you have? I bought a Yukon XL that had 20" wheels with short sidewalls and I hated it. the short sidewalls make for a much rougher ride...switched them and the shocks and it was a huge improvement.

transfixer

Tires can make a huge difference...what size wheels/tires do you have? I bought a Yukon XL that had 20" wheels with short sidewalls and I hated it. the short sidewalls make for a much rougher ride...switched them and the shocks and it was a huge improvement.

The trend of large diameter wheels and skinny rubber is something I've never understood, and manufacturers have leaned that way in recent years also, I researched the reasons why at one point, and don't remember off the top of my head what I found, but its somewhat related to cost and to rolling resistance I believe

I've driven really nice luxury model trucks and cars with 20 or 22 inch rims and 35 or 45 profile tires that rode like a buckboard wagon, no way I would own one that rode like that !

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
The trend of large diameter wheels and skinny rubber is something I've never understood, and manufacturers have leaned that way in recent years also, I researched the reasons why at one point, and don't remember off the top of my head what I found, but its somewhat related to cost and to rolling resistance I believe

I've driven really nice luxury model trucks and cars with 20 or 22 inch rims and 35 or 45 profile tires that rode like a buckboard wagon, no way I would own one that rode like that !
Me either. I was told it has something to do with being able to put bigger diameter break disk on heavy trucks so they stopped better. :huh:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I'll just keep my 15/35's on my truck till they quit making them

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Its getting harder and harder to find 15 inch tires, not as big a selection as there once was, even 16's have started to fade out in the last year or two
Fix'n to do a bumper to bumper remod on my '84 Silverado and I'm worried that I'm gonna have to replace my prized original rims with the new "kid" stuff.

ScLowCountry

There is no way your 2019 ram 1500 is stock, if it's the worst riding truck you ever been in. I had a 2017. With the stock 4x4 suspension. It was still most likely the best riding truck I've ever been in. Once I put a leveling kit and tires on it, it did ride pretty rough. However. If you have a leveling kit or aftermarket wheels and tires go back to factory and you'll be surprised how nice the truck rides