Building a tower stand, ideas?

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
If I wasn't gonna elevate it I could just use a pop up blind. I don't want to make it to high, but enough to get a little elevation.

Darkhorse

This is a "Really basic" box stand. I was racing the clock to get it mostly done before a total knee replacement. I built the frame at home and cut and predrilled the floor panels, and cut the sides. Then I loaded it in the bed of my truck with my tractor and went to the woods.
I placed it on a hill on a powerline so it didn't need a lot of height. We measured for location and dug 4 holes with a posthole digger, then just lifted the top and slid in into the holes. Then poured concrete in the holes. Using step ladders we attached the floor and sides. It took me and a friend 2 1/2 hours.
1 week later I had my surgery.
A few weeks afterwards I cut out the stairs and a couple of weeks later I attached them to the stand.
Most of the wood was stuff I had lying around and the 2X8's were off an old dock we tore down.
I had a total hip replacement 6 weeks ago and this summer I will put another one up only it will be a few feet taller, probably a roof also. It will be prebuilt with bolts to locate the legs then carried to the woods in pieces, then drug to the standsite with my ATV.
If I can climb a ladder, then it will have a simple ladder. If not then a staircase.
Really simple to build but effective also.

Attachments

• SS850013 (1024x768).jpg
    SS850013 (1024x768).jpg
    193 KB · Views: 1,718

Ranger/461

I'd save your self a lot of time and effort and buy one of the ones that Hooper Outdoors sells. They are awesome and portable. The 4x6 version is big enough for an adult and at least 2 kids. We have one on all of our foodplots.
Yep I built my last one four years ago. It's nice but by the time I bought all the material and the time I could have bought a hooper. I bought one last year and this year and the good thing about them is u can move them easy with 3 people even the 20'.

WildLines

I have built three with the elevator brackets.

we framed up the walls and then used the cheap fence pickets for the coverings, worked well.

the challenge is getting these things up without breaking off the legs. the cross braces make a big difference.

DoeMaster

Tower Stand

I've built a couple of these. Used the expensive treated plywood for the walls on the first one. Decided to try the much cheaper press board for the walls on the second one. Used a stain on the outside of the press board and after 1 yr in the woods it's holding up as good as the treated plywood.

Attachments

• IMG_0261 (1).jpg
    IMG_0261 (1).jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 331

b rad

stand

I started a club recently, and all the members have young kids, that are looking to get thier first deer. We discussed making a food plot for kids only. I think this would be a good spot to put a tower stand to use. I've never built one, but seems pretty simple. I figured 8-10' high with a nice roof and walls. Just curious what would be a good size to make it to take a kid or two and one adult. Also, what would people who have done this estimate the cost to be. Do you have ideas on getting cheaper lumber versus Lowe's,home depot. Being a new lease, it's already gonna have alot of work and mo ey invested to get things going. So I would love to save asuch money as possible.

Any and all ideas are appreciated

get the stand off our land in meriweather its a great stand for free

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher