Lost a good bud

Big Foot

Haven't seen him in many years, but we ran hard and wild for college and years after...

He had full Ride football at any D - 1 of his choosing at WR. Fasted white boy with best hands STEVE Largent with. Speed type. He of course took UGA offer and the hand written note from Dooley.

Flamed out at UGA for girls and partying. Oh well, he still was da man.

We owned Buckhead for 7 -8 years after finishing college - which was wild times 4.0. He died in his sleep last pm at 54. Quickest witted funniest person best looking best athlete - the total pkg.

Think I'll step outside and drink some whiskey.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Sympathy, thoughts and Prayers to you and all that knew him.

T-N-T

Keep your head up and remember the good times.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Died in his sleep? :huh: 54 isn't that old either.

Prayers for his family and friends.

toyota4x4h

Could be sleep apnea. A guy at my work is 54 and was feeling tired a lot went for the test and he would stop breathing a total of 155 times in 6 hours while he was testing. So for years he was cheating death. Prayers Big

greg_n_clayton

I know the feeling !! Most of my buddies I grew up and ran with are all gone !! Not to mention a lot of friends. I am 59. My dad, who is 87, told me...there will be more and more, if you ain't one of them, the older you get !!

SC Hunter

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have lost several friends in this journey we call life. I was riding down the road day before yesterday and started thinking about Ol Thomas Poole and just started crying my eyes out. Remember the good times you had and mourn. Prayers sent.

PappyHoel

Sorry for your loss the good ones always leave us early. I drank a PBR for my college roommate (drinking buddy) when I found out he passed.

Big Foot

Thanks everyone! Been down memory lane in my head all day and night. We had us some good epic times. He was a large life person No one had more fun!

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Sorry to hear.

Katalee

Sorry to hear about that. You always miss the good ones. 54 sounds like he got cheated out of some good years.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Condolences and prayers for all.

I was a pall bearer for the first time at age 15.
It doesn't get any easier with age.

marknga

GONetwork Member
So sorry for your loss.
I am 57, lost one of my best friends 2 years ago to cancer.
His little brother, a year younger than us and we couldn't get rid of him back in the day passed away 2 weeks ago from cancer.

Just ain't right.
Mark

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Know the feeling well Big Foot. I've lost several close friends for one reason or another over the years. Some of them went doing something they loved, others from the evils of a dread disease. They all lived large while they were here. I'm looking forward to seeing them all again some day.

Horns

Sorry for your loss as well. Seems the older we get the more often it happens. I lost my best friend 2 1/2 years ago to brain cancer. His older brother died about 5 years earlier to colon cancer. Hos mama died 2 years ago to heart attack and his daddy last December to heart attack. That family has been through a lot. Only a daughter left now.

Big Foot

thanks guys!

went to memorial to pay respects - remember, no matter how hard try and go - received many notes saying it meant allot to the family I made the event...

my mom told me you can mostly know what an impact a person had by numbers of people at their funeral as no one likes going - do it for their family - go!

he made a ton of great memories with everyone that knew him - been on my mind constant