Rats in the camper

7mmMag

How do you guys keep them out? It was like they were standing outside waiting for me to leave so they could move in. There wasn't any food lying around, just wrappers. I have poison out and they have eaten the poison. There was one in the cabinet when I checked today. He didn't move too fast! Wondering if he might be the one eating the poison.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Find out where they are coming in and close entry. That's the only way you will stop them.

GA DAWG

Rats in camper leads to snake in camper!

Mako22

BANNED
Plug all the holes BUT that ain't gonna keep them out. All my food is stored in metal bins and we vacuum up crumbs regular and I still have mice. I did try the scented dryer sheets hidden all thru out and it seemed to work that one year, you could try that.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Just ONE strategically placed "King Snake or Rat Snake" in your camper =

"RATS B GONE" !!!!!!

It won't take long for word to get around in the rat community that if they go into your camper......they won't be coming back out!!!

ps: A bit fat king snake told me that once many years ago when I put him in my camper. It worked like a charm too. I made sure to take the king snake out and put him back into the barn before I sold my camper. :D:D:D

Lilly001

If you use poison be aware that they won't die outside. I had one crawl up into the insulation of the stove before he died. Used the oven and cleared the cabin.
Spent all day taking the stove apart to get him out.

TJay

I had a woods rat take up residence in mine this spring. Not a field mouse but a sho nuff rat. Made a huge mess. I found where he was getting in and closed that off and put poison out. Haven't had any more problems (knock on wood)

DeepweR

pull your camper away from where it sits now, buy 150lbs of lime (powered) and spread it thick where your camper was sitting, then back your camper over the lyme. my uncle told me this trick when i had my camper parked in a hay barn in hancock co. i tried it and we left cookies in the floor just to see if it worked. no rats,bugs or snakes for 2 seasons parked in a hay barn in a 50ac field

Last edited:

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I had mice get into my trailer and when I found where they chewed a hole to get in I filled the hole with a spray foam insulation. They don't like the stuff and haven't had anymore problem. Had squirrels chew a hole in my house eve and get into my attic and sprayed the same stuff in that hole about 6 years ago and have never had anymore there either. You can easily sand it down and paint over it also.

gt40

ryanh487

We use those electronic pest repelling plug-ins. Work great, and the one or two mice that deal with it get eaten by the 5'+ black rat snake that hops camper to camper looking for a meal.

7mmMag

Just an old hunting campsite. Next to the woods. I try to keep food in containers so they can't smell it but my boys left candy wrappers laying around. I guess I'll try the lime and double up on the poison.