Herschal Walker Story

00Beau

I want to start off by saying , I was born a Bama fan to the core!!! Now to the point, you need to watch this story about Herschal Walker on ESPNU. It was coming on as I was about to leave deer camp Sunday at 1pm. I have to say it was one of the most inspiring stories I have ever seen about anyone!!! I was a freshman in high school the year Herschal was a freshman in college. Needless to say, I put up with alot of arrogant GA. Fans the 3 years Herschal was at UGA. If you watch this show and it does not inspire you to be the best you can be and put 150% towards everything you do, something is wrong with you!!!

Grand Slam

Great story and I loved it when he claimed he wanted to go into the Marines so he could kill people.

bnew17

I watched it sunday and thought it was very interesting..and inspiring. also thought it was cool that he can run a 4.39 forty still.

MudDucker

Staff member
Got to see Herschel for all of the years he was at UGA. He was a beast and a real humble fellow. VERY RARE!

marknga

GONetwork Member
It was a great show, for all football fans.
Herschel was and still is the man.

rjcruiser

I thought it was great as well.

Only thing I didn't like was that they showed all white kids bullying him as a young boy. Seemed like the producer wanted to imply racism...even though it was never said.

Not saying that it didn't occur, just wish they'd have kept that part out of it.

Herschel is the man and his drive is unbelievable. Amazing what one can do with talent and a work ethic to match it.

Twiggbuster

"Only thing I didn't like was that they showed all white kids bullying him as a young boy."

Agree. Great show otherwise.
I,m only 2 yrs older than HW and grew up in Millyville not far away. There was bullying on both races by both races. I,m sure HW was picked on by some brothers as well.Intergration was rough if you young folks want to know!!!

GAranger1403

Yeah, the 4.39 forty was pretty neat for a 50 yo dude!

Hut2

I thought it was great as well.

Only thing I didn't like was that they showed all white kids bullying him as a young boy. Seemed like the producer wanted to imply racism...even though it was never said.

Not saying that it didn't occur, just wish they'd have kept that part out of it.

Herschel is the man and his drive is unbelievable. Amazing what one can do with talent and a work ethic to match it.
Really enjoyed it too but, Hershel said there were a lot of racial things going on in Johnson Co. at the time when they showed him being beat up on the playground. So, who knows it was going on in my homtown. And I'm one yr older than he is.