Food plots are baiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosewood

Just curious. How do you guys feel about baiting hogs?

one hogman

Apparently we are not allowed to debate the similarities or food plots vs piles of corn or point out hypocrisy, the regs are all that matter, we are not to question them...definitions by the legislators cannot be questioned...nor compared to Webster.

You gotta learn, on this Forum some Folks like the one you have went round and round with have ALL the answers, you hunt their way or you are wrong ,they set all the standards for what is right and wrong, and what is ethical, period!! One reason this Forum has run off many good folks, because their opinion ain't welcome here!!:smash::smash:

lampern

How do we keep CWD out of Georgia?
Our first line of defense is to halt importation of all deer species. In Georgia, it is illegal to import any member of the deer family. Next, continue to prohibit canned hunting operations. Also, continue to prohibit baiting of deer for hunting, which facilitates the transmission of wildlife disease agents by concentrating sick deer with healthy deer. Discourage management practices that result in high concentrations of deer over small areas. Examples include supplemental feeding, baiting of deer, and lack of adequate doe harvest.

http://georgiawildlife.com/cwd

rosewood

rosewood

Discourage management practices that result in high concentrations of deer over small areas.

Not a problem, we keep the concentrations down by shooting them. We call it "herd management".

shdw633

How do we keep CWD out of Georgia?
Our first line of defense is to halt importation of all deer species. In Georgia, it is illegal to import any member of the deer family. Next, continue to prohibit canned hunting operations. Also, continue to prohibit baiting of deer for hunting, which facilitates the transmission of wildlife disease agents by concentrating sick deer with healthy deer. Discourage management practices that result in high concentrations of deer over small areas. Examples include supplemental feeding, baiting of deer, and lack of adequate doe harvest.

http://georgiawildlife.com/cwd

This does not stop CWD from coming to Georgia and there is no proof that this would stop CWD from spreading as there is no real proof as to how the disease is transmitted to begin with. First and foremost though, baiting does not cause CWD and would be only 1 in many ways the disease COULD be transmitted.

lampern

Well if the legislature legalizes statewide baiting over corn, they will be ignoring the professional wildlife biologists.

44magpastor

This does not stop CWD from coming to Georgia and there is no proof that this would stop CWD from spreading as there is no real proof as to how the disease is transmitted to begin with. First and foremost though, baiting does not cause CWD and would be only 1 in many ways the disease COULD be transmitted.

I tried to tell them the same thing.....smh.

The bottom line is this, in my opinion: A lot of people simply don't like baiting, and disease transmission is just a means to justify that position.

I think a LOT of studies by wildlife biologist are heavily influenced by the preconceived opinions of their leaders, especially when it comes to baiting.

shdw633

Well if the legislature legalizes statewide baiting over corn, they will be ignoring the professional wildlife biologists.

What do you think they did when they legalized it in the southern part of the state???

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The bottom line is this, in my opinion: A lot of people simply don't like baiting, and disease transmission is just a means to justify that position.

You're right, I don't like baiting. It's cheating and it's a disease transmission vector. That's a twofer.

I think a LOT of studies by wildlife biologist are heavily influenced by the preconceived opinions of their leaders, especially when it comes to baiting.

I think the majority of them base their opinions on the science and the data. The science and data are just inconvenient for people who want to bait.

shdw633

You're right, I don't like baiting. It's cheating and it's a disease transmission vector. That's a twofer.

And food plots are totally fair???? ::ke:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Deer hunting has turned into money. Deer hunters spend money. Everything they do cost money. There are exceptions to the rule.
Corn is big money to a farmer. If no one put out corn some farmers would go belly up.
China makes a lot of deer hunting products. Walmart sells us that.
Deer hunting keeps a wheel turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.