How many Don't hunt over bait, or food plots?

Mtn lover

I hunt the north GA Mtns. and don't hunt over bait or fool with food plots. My friends and I were pretty successful until the hogs came in.
Jeff

BamaGeorgialine

I haven't baited, but I'm in two clubs where everyone around me does. I honestly never think about it. I understand why some choose to bait. I don't think that it matters much, but it gives those that do more confidence in their spot. I'd say that the majority of hunters don't have a place big enough to walk around and scout. It would take thousands of acres. I've had access to 800 acres that me and my Dad hunted by ourselves for years. I knew that place inside and out and not much changed from year to year in where the best spots were

BDD

I put out corn in front of my camera to see what's in the area. I don't hunt over it. But I do like to hunt just inside the edge of a food plot.
Grew up in PA hunting the edges of corn Fields , back then they weren't called food plots, just corn fields.

Jim Boyd

I put out corn in front of my camera to see what's in the area. I don't hunt over it. But I do like to hunt just inside the edge of a food plot.
Grew up in PA hunting the edges of corn Fields , back then they weren't called food plots, just corn fields.

Those are still called corn fields!!!

Buckstop

Not much for staring at a corn pile in the woods, but looking down a woods road with a long straight stretch with shell corn poured from a cart down it is fine by me. If it bisects a travel corridor, going to be a dozen or more trails crossing it. Stops them just long enough when they're cruising. Even if a buck's not eating, he's scenting the does eating or that have been around it overnight.

Otisman

I have a couple bait sites every year, but use them to see what’s out there early season. I’ve never had a good one come to a corn pile when it matters. Mainly hunt thick travel routes with no bait.