7mm mag shooters

mwood1985

I carry a 1984 Browning BAR in 7mm. Deer dont go far. Downside is its about the same weight as a German 88 Flak gun. Same stopping power haha

coastalredneck

shoot it in the TC Pro Hunter. dont think TC makes the barrels in the 7mag caliber anymore. no recoil and has a customer trigger job added. all i tote

Duff

I have a 7 mag in the Rem 700, but if I bought another one, it would be a M77.

There is a nice one on the marketplace btw.

1gr8bldr

Based on several years of studying loads, working up loads, ballistic coeffiecents, etc, LOL, can't spell, If I were going to buy a new rifle today, I would get a 27 caliber. Probably a standard 270 and handload for the extra powder capacity that the brass has compared to a factory load. Just flip one back and forth, they seem as though they have another 25+% . My pet rifle is a Remington, 7mm however it's overkill. If you did this, start low and work up. Don't pay much attention to the max loads found in books. Pay close attention to your groups. The first sign of it not grouping, back it down to that good group just before. And... I would fire form my brass in an old caliber. New calibers have tight tolerances. The old calibers are huge to eat everything. Just drop a factory in the bore and turn it side to side and you will hear it clang as it hits each side. Once fireformed, you will up your powder capicity another 2+ % but you may not want it. This is what I would do

1gr8bldr

The remington triggers in my opinion are adjustable and can be tuned as good as a custom trigger. Youtube is great for howto

1gr8bldr

My favorite carry rifle, when I hunted with a rifle, was my sons youth remington 243. It was great compared to my longtime carry rifle, A Browing 30-06 BAR Blacked out, teflon coated, with trigger job that I bought when I was 18. Carried this gun forever. My Rem 7mm, it was my long range gun, which I seldom needed. The 7mm, they will be long, heavy, bulky, etc. I'd go with a standard caliber. It's hard to have a woods gun and a long range gun in 0ne. The 7mm is way overkill unless your consistently shooting over 300yds and then you need a scope that is not ideal for the woods.

Buckstop

Have a Remington M700 Long Range in 7mm mag. The M40 stock has been swapped out for a Greybull and I put a Timney trigger in it. Recently found a good deal on a new Brux 7mm barrel and its at the smith getting swapped at the moment.