20 Gauge Turkey Loads?

Huntinfool

Here's my 20ga turkey killer and my "patterning results" with Nitros.....

picture.php

picture.php

nhancedsvt

Banned
Huntinfool,
I'm having gundocc do the same thing to my gun like yours. If you don't mind sharing what choke and ammo combo are you using? I may go with your same setup since I will be using the exact same gun.

Huntinfool

Honestly, I don't know the choke off hand. I had him thread the barrel and just asked him to fit a good choke in it. I can't recall right now what it is, but it's not like a rem choke style. I'll check and let you know.

I think the shells are 3", 1 1/8 loaded with 6X7.

It is a fun gun to carry in the woods. You don't even feel it on your shoulder and it'll get 'em out to 40 with no problem (though that particular one was killed at like 25 I think).

trkyhntr70

If Curtis put the choke in it, Its threaded for truchoke threads and is likely a Colonial Arms turkey choke. He just recently did one for me.

nhancedsvt

Banned
If Curtis put the choke in it, Its threaded for truchoke threads and is likely a Colonial Arms turkey choke. He just recently did one for me.

Is that an ok choke or should I request a different one?

Huntinfool

No, I think Colonial Arms is right. That's what he put in mine and it does the job just fine.

trkyhntr70

If you fellas are lookin for a great 20Ga. choke in truchoke threads Call Pure Gold, 803-328-6829,
I contacted them a while back and they made a batch of them in 20Ga. in .555 Constriction. Perfect for the nitro 7,s and other loads too. Great people and excellent product.

Huntinfool

Kicks a lot bigger than it looks though!

It's a fun gun and it's more special because my dad gave it to me when I was like 8. It just sat in a closet for years and years....and then finally I got the bright idea to make it into a turkey killer.

Curtis did a better than 1st class job on it. I can't imagine it turning out better than it did.