Whats a good 20 gauge turkey load

Huntinfool

If you are willing to pay tungsten super shot seems to be the top choice

This is what I use in #9 shot and it is very deadly. I'm certain that there are hand loads out there that may shoot slightly better. But, the ease of availability and consistency of these makes an easy choice for me. I don't mind the cost because I'm trading $10 for a wild turkey. That seems fair to me.

deast1988

Foxtrot and Nitro ammo company have out performed Apex for me by as many as 40/50 pellets in some cases. I’ve used apex, but in my set ups it’s barely better than the federal shells. To me I get more bang for my buck. This year I’ll be using t258 #8x9 I stopped chasing numbers and it’ll hammer if I do my part.

Dupree

Foxtrot or Apex. Quality stuff
I’m going to try out foxtrot when my supply of apex runs out. Spent a few hours talking to the owner at the fox vest event when we were waiting overnight at the mossy oak store. Seems like a good guy who knows his stuff.

Gator89

I’m going to try out foxtrot when my supply of apex runs out. Spent a few hours talking to the owner at the fox vest event when we were waiting overnight at the mossy oak store. Seems like a good guy who knows his stuff.

He has a great sense of humor. Throws a bag of Ramen noodles in the package with your ammo, because you just blew the grocery money on expensive ammo.

Them little 28 ga "cherry bombs" are purty.

deast1988

He has a great sense of humor. Throws a bag of Ramen noodles in the package with your ammo, because you just blew the grocery money on expensive ammo.

Them little 28 ga "cherry bombs" are purty.

A400 xplor, trulock and a fox trot cherry bomb #9. My brother hammered only bird he shot at with it. I took a bird with it also.

Attachments

• IMG_6208.jpeg
    IMG_6208.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6166.jpeg
    IMG_6166.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6056.jpeg
    IMG_6056.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 26

dkennedy

What choke restriction is everyone using for TSS #9's? I've read .675

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
What choke restriction is everyone using for TSS #9's? I've read .675
That choke restriction is for a 12 guage not a 20 guage. 665-675 is good for 12 and 555-570 is good for 20's when shooting tss

Gadget

depends on the ID of your barrel; in my Savage 220A

TSS 9 575-580 unported
TSS 8, TS 8, Hevishot 7 585 unported
Lead 7 575 unported