How often do yall replace your tents?

fox51599

3ringer said:
Quote:
Did your Instant Tent come with a rain fly? I saw one in the store with a rain fly on it. Mine didn't come with one.

no it didn't. does yours leak? I did order one but it's back ordered til Jan 5. mine is the 10x14 signature and paid $189 new from Coleman outlet after thanksgiving sale.

Posted from Gon.com App for Android

3ringer

I have not used my tent in the rain yet. I did spray it with four cans of waterproofing silicon. I also carry a tarp for extra protection in case it rains. Coleman says that a rain fly is not required for the Instant Tent. Sorry to Hijack your thread Sarah.

biggdogg

we have two pretty nice Coleman tents. A small dome for me and my son and a huge cabin tent for the whole family. the smaller one is about 6 years old and the big one is only 2 years old and no problems from either one. we usually stretch a over sized tarp over the tent to better protect from wind/rain. all that said, I would kill for the old canvas Coleman tent that my buddy's dad has. he's had that tent i know 30 years and you can't beat that thing. holds heat like nothin i ever seen. i wish they still made tents like that.

Mako22

BANNED
I Have had my Eureka for 17 years. I have pitched it around 100 times from Georgia to Washington state.
Good tents for the money.:cool:

Always use ground tarp, air it out when you get home, retreat with fabric water proofing every 2 to 3 years
wash it when its dirty. It will last you a long time.

X2, I have one that is 20 years old and one that is 5 years old, GREAT tents and well worth the money.

sbroadwell

The more you spend, the longer it lasts, I think. I've heard of people with Kodiak or Springbar tents that have used them many times, for many years.

I've got two. A Eureka Drawtite 7x9 canvas tent I bought in about 1972. Used it many, many times, for about 20 years. In 1992 wife got me a big ole 12x12 Redhead dome tent from BPS. It's nylon, and actually weighs less than the much smaller Eureka. I've used it many times since then. The hub broke, but I made a new one out of 1' thick UHMW, so that will last a long time.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that a couple of the seams are leaking, but that can be fixed with some seam sealer.