anyone hearing anything about caleb and grades?

rex upshaw

wouldn't surprise me, but haven't seen anything confirmed. talk for the last couple of days is that he might be inelligible for the bowl game. anyone else hearing this?

AU Bassman

Academically ineligible is what I am reading on the DAWG boards. No confirmation. If true no bowl game for King. Is he a junior or senior this year?

AU Bassman

Hopefully King gets it together for a senior season. I know Auburn was sky high on King when he was coming out of HS. I don't think he has ever lived up to the expectations at UGA. Good running back just not the gamechanger he was predicted to be. Auburn wanted him real bad.

dwills

Yeah he failed 3 out of 4 classes during fall semester, giving him 3 hours of completion this year. To remain academically eligible, a player has to complete at least 24 hours each year, with no more than 6 of those coming from the summer. So in order to become eligible for next year, he would have to take 15+ hours next semester plus 6 during the summer. Personally, I don't think he has the drive to really dedicate himself to school like that, and I foresee him just declaring for the draft and signing somewhere as an undrafted free agent. The kid isn't exactly the brightest bulb on the tree. He had to transfer high schools avoid taking the high school graduation test if that tells you anything. I don't think he'd be able to complete 15 hours even if he wanted to. But I've heard that his facebook says something to the extent of "minor setback, major comeback", so take that for what it's worth. Hope this helps.

rex upshaw

Yeah he failed 3 out of 4 classes during fall semester, giving him 3 hours of completion this year. To remain academically eligible, a player has to complete at least 24 hours each year, with no more than 6 of those coming from the summer. So in order to become eligible for next year, he would have to take 15+ hours next semester plus 6 during the summer. Personally, I don't think he has the drive to really dedicate himself to school like that, and I foresee him just declaring for the draft and signing somewhere as an undrafted free agent. The kid isn't exactly the brightest bulb on the tree. He had to transfer high schools avoid taking the high school graduation test if that tells you anything. I don't think he'd be able to complete 15 hours even if he wanted to. But I've heard that his facebook says something to the extent of "minor setback, major comeback", so take that for what it's worth. Hope this helps.

seen that mentioned a few places too.

FootLongDawg

If that is true, Chapas and King now out of the backfield for the bowl game. Next year, the Dawgs need to find a fullback (in the worst way) and another back if King is gone. Chapas was really hurt most of the year and I think it showed in the running game. King has only had one good game that I can remember (against teams that matter) and that was Tech last year. Plus he fumbles too much. I am already concerned about the offense next year. Gone will be Chapas. A.J., Boling, maybe Glenn (if he goes pro), Davis. I hope we have some O-Lineman ready.

dwills

Cordy Glenn may go, as well as Trinton Sturdivant. I've heard that Study hates going to school and that he may just go ahead and get out, even though he knows his draft status is way low because of his injuries. If that happens, our OL next year will be AWFUL!

Arrow3

We wont be losing much when King is gone.....

lbzdually

Banned
I think Alexander Ogletree can be a good blocking FB, don't know about pass catching. I think Crowell is a Dawg no matter what and Matt Jones in 2012 is all Dawg right now. Talk about thunder and lightning!! I believe even as a freshman, Crowell would be an ungrade over King.

x-mark

He has been a huge bust for us.

He has had only one or 2 great games since he has been here.

The NFL draft........seems likley.

I really hoped he would have became what everybody thought he could have.

Maybe he thinks crowell is coming and his pride won't let be 3rd string his Sr. year.

Or maybe he just failed his classes due to poor effort?(likley)

If he goes there are about 15-20 other guys we will miss far more.

King's status is of little importance to me.

westcobbdog

Hate it for King if its true but usually you make your own luck. I keep having flashbacks of him laying it down vs Colorado costing us a chance to win it. I woud run Ealey between the tackles and Thomas on the edge or in space in our bowl game. If we lose Sturdivant and Glenn I still don't see much of a drop off in our stale running game.

deerbandit

Hate it for King if its true but usually you make your own luck. I keep having flashbacks of him laying it down vs Colorado costing us a chance to win it. I woud run Ealey between the tackles and Thomas on the edge or in space in our bowl game. If we lose Sturdivant and Glenn I still don't see much of a drop off in our stale running game.

Try to tell Bobo that he thinks you do it the other way.

westcobbdog

Im with you Dawgs. Just throw this guy away and get another one. Great support....

we support the Dogs but when its apparent he hasn't been working in the classroom he has my best wishes, thats it. you can't expect anybody but Caleb to do his class work.

we need to get these guys all back into one dorm for more than one reason.

LanierSpots

we support the Dogs but when its apparent he hasn't been working in the classroom he has my best wishes, thats it. you can't expect anybody but Caleb to do his class work.

we need to get these guys all back into one dorm for more than one reason.

So, if this would have been Green or Murray, would you have felt the same?