“I quit my Job!!!!”…..One year later…

jrry

Go to church, library, town meetings, espcially church. meet a good Montana woman and your life will be fullfilled. I have been to Monatana and there are lots of special girls there. just my .2s

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I do not know how I missed this post Moe, it was great as usual and your book is going to be some kind of awesome.

Thank you for taking the time and I look forward to the next one, keep it up bud!:cheers::cheers:

Cindi

I’m amazed that ridiculing your landlords actually worked. I once spent weeks spewing hateful obscenities all over (also a small) town about the local a/c guy who installed my new package unit and left a dinner-plate-sized hole in the duct work under my trailer that the dogs, I’m sure, found within fifteen minutes of his departure. It was August in Florida, and these dogs were never known for their stupidity. Of course I didn’t find the hole until the light bill spiked to almost $400 a month.

I thought after word got out that the guy would come to the house, hat in hand, and offer me a rebate of some sort, but all my whining accomplished was to make nobody want to work for me. The common consensus was that “the crazy lady in the baby-sh*t-green trailer at the end of the dirt road can’t be satisfied, so don’t waste your time.”

I too, lived in a single wide and if you look at it from the right perspective, it’s no so bad. I had the advantage of living in an area generously dotted with single wide trailers so I had the opportunity to see how other folks adjusted to life in a tin can. There was the guy who kept adding on to the end of his, so that it wound up looking like an above ground, horizontal, somewhat squared off, missile silo.

There were camo trailers which nobody complained about as you really couldn’t see them until you were right on top of them, and one that was painted from one end to the other like an American flag, that nobody DARED complain about as it was thusly decorated right after 9/11. :flag:There’s stuff you can get away with in a single wide that you can’t get away with in a conventional house because your neighbors all know that one good tornado is all it takes to tidy up the neighborhood.

I have always wanted to go to Montana and your stories just make me want it even more. The apparent shortage of eligible females is a tasty little tidbit that I honed in on right away, as I am a diehard salesperson, and eligible female, and know the value of having an edge in any given market.

We have a few things in common, not the least of which is the fact that I am also a “conscientious employee” and I have also had those righteous moments in the shower, or sometimes the closet, or behind the wheel of my truck, where I thought had it all worked out, only to be met with resistance by not only other employees but THE BOSS, who pats me on the shoulder and assures me that this day too, shall pass, and who can’t be bothered with details like the fact that without change, tomorrow will be no better!

I too, have a female dog; they are the best and actually seem to care about their humans. She’s a Boxer and fairly low maintenance except for the continuous stream of slime/ectoplasm that is coming from either her nose or mouth, which on good days looks like a bad wound infected with gangrene.

3940180771_1652fda879.jpg

Her mouth, bless her, is a hot mess, so I haven’t gotten close enough to actually determine the origin of the drool/snot that has earned her the nickname Snotty McSnotterson.

You are NOT a complete idiot, you have standards and the will to dream and follow through. The problem is, you are lost in a world of complacency, but you must never allow yourself to become complacent. People secretly envy you, but are simply overwhelmed by your spirit and are not willing to be nudged. This is common. You are uncommon. That is a good thing. Rock on. You're a good writer and life is the best inspiration in the world.