01/28 AM

REMINGTON710

OTG with my bow for the last Sunday of extended archery in Cherokee county. 43° feels like 36° wind is mostly in my right eye but occasionally from my back, left ear right ear…you get the idea. I’ve heard story of a good one running around this property but any deer will do.

HIGH COUNTRY

Sunday am was slow for me, full moon may have had something to do with it. Afternoon really close to dark, it was like a zoo - had close close shot oppts with recurve at several does but there were bucks moving in the area, grunting/etc and I saw some. Had a two hour drive after dark, so decided not to shoot at does and hold out for pretty good buck. I had to hold on the stand sitting down a few times, twenty feet up in a pine tree on a loc on with min cover - I would hold my safety line behind my back with one hand when I stood up - the wind was really high!!! Calmed down closer to dark, I did notice the deer would circle around the feeder and come in very warily to it with wind blowing towards them... Esp the first ones, but not all of them. Decided just to go over Tuesday night and hunt just the last day of season, couple more sits will be nice but I am about ready for the season to be over.