12/2 am and pm.

sprewett

My Son and my morning was AWESOME!!!!! On the way to some public land to get some exercise and chase some bushy tails. We drove up on a fellar that had been hunting as well. I usually always ask folks having any luck. We told him what we were doing. He looked and said y'all want to hunt some squirrels the fun way. Now I had done noticed his mountain cur in the passenger seat so immediately I said yes sir. He said I got a other buddy coming with a heck of a squirrel dog. Honestly, it was probably the funniest hunt I have had in a very long time. Watching the dogs work, chasing over mountains, and killn em'. (Not the dogs)
What a morning
They said it was slow but it was a hoot to me and my son and he made an excellent shot on his first squirrel in the top of a red oak.

Attachments

• IMG_20231202_130739178.jpg
    IMG_20231202_130739178.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 35

bulletjig

My Son and my morning was AWESOME!!!!! On the way to some public land to get some exercise and chase some bushy tails. We drove up on a fellar that had been hunting as well. I usually always ask folks having any luck. We told him what we were doing. He looked and said y'all want to hunt some squirrels the fun way. Now I had done noticed his mountain cur in the passenger seat so immediately I said yes sir. He said I got a other buddy coming with a heck of a squirrel dog. Honestly, it was probably the funniest hunt I have had in a very long time. Watching the dogs work, chasing over mountains, and killn em'. (Not the dogs)
What a morning
They said it was slow but it was a hoot to me and my son and he made an excellent shot on his first squirrel in the top of a red oak.
Sounds like a great day in the woods.

Liberty

Slick top on the field too far for a picture, my boy is running the binos, grunt call, and the rifle.

swamprat93

In a new stand I hung yesterday. My shooter has been walking the past couple of afternoons. I thought the weather was going to keep me from going this afternoon but looks like it will hold off long enough. Will be watching the dawgs from my phone.

sportsman94

I didn’t have time to check in this evening. I took a buddy and his 9 year old son on a hunt. His son was on the gun, but had never shot a deer before. We had a small doe pop out at about 120 yards. We just let her feed as I felt that was a pretty good poke for his first time. While waiting on her to close the distance we had 4 does come out looking back where they came from. Told him he was welcome to shoot if he could comfortably get on them, but they were acting like a buck was with them. A minute or two later a little buck walked out, I could practically feel the blind moving with the rhythm of his heartbeat when the buck showed up. He wanted him bad, but he never stopped and bumped the does out of the plot. Couple minutes goes by and a lone doe comes back from where the others entered the woods. She stayed at that 130-40 mark and never stood still long. She finally headed back into the woods without presenting a shot. My little buddy had been patient and listened when I told him to hold off on the longer shots, but I know he was disappointed. About 20 mins before dark I looked out the side window and caught movement. 2 does headed from back to front. They got to about 30 yards and started feeding. We helped get the gun up and get little man situated. Clicked safety off and put ear protection on. They faced us for several minutes and he kept saying, “I could kill it now.” Told him just to wait til they get broadside. One finally did and he dropped her with a heart shot.

talisman

I didn’t have time to check in this evening. I took a buddy and his 9 year old son on a hunt. His son was on the gun, but had never shot a deer before. We had a small doe pop out at about 120 yards. We just let her feed as I felt that was a pretty good poke for his first time. While waiting on her to close the distance we had 4 does come out looking back where they came from. Told him he was welcome to shoot if he could comfortably get on them, but they were acting like a buck was with them. A minute or two later a little buck walked out, I could practically feel the blind moving with the rhythm of his heartbeat when the buck showed up. He wanted him bad, but he never stopped and bumped the does out of the plot. Couple minutes goes by and a lone doe comes back from where the others entered the woods. She stayed at that 130-40 mark and never stood still long. She finally headed back into the woods without presenting a shot. My little buddy had been patient and listened when I told him to hold off on the longer shots, but I know he was disappointed. About 20 mins before dark I looked out the side window and caught movement. 2 does headed from back to front. They got to about 30 yards and started feeding. We helped get the gun up and get little man situated. Clicked safety off and put ear protection on. They faced us for several minutes and he kept saying, “I could kill it now.” Told him just to wait til they get broadside. One finally did and he dropped her with a heart shot.
Awesome

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good stuff bud !