195 Year old Crawford home site Talbot Ga.

Artfuldodger

Wow, that's very interesting. Thanks for sharing. The video is mentioned on James Crawford's find a grave page.

B. White

Glad ya'll took him to the cemetery. He goes under a gate like I imagine I would at that age. Made me a little sad when he told his age. He's a few years younger than my father would be, if still living. I still remember him as he was when he died 40 years ago and can't imagine him in over the 90 mark.

I've got kin buried in Clayton and Henry County who were born in the 1700s and the ground they farmed was a lot flatter. A good many kids graves in those cemeteries, but nothing like it appears these folks went through. They didn't know the meaning of quit.

I hunted off of 36 on the Talbot side of the river in the 80s and there were some old shacks on the place that still had Life magazines from the 50s in them that were in pretty good shape. I always enjoyed poking around without disturbing anything.

Shotgun1

I grew up in Talbot County, My family was located in "The Valley" and around Pleasant Hill. Woodalls and Millers, Most of them moved to Woodland after it was established. I don't remember any Crawfords but knew and went to school with Gibsons. I left there in 1955 to go in the Army so some of my memories are a bit faded.