20 Gauge WLB Turkey Loads - A First Look

01Foreman400

Staff member
True.

They are trying to sale numbers and holes in a paper. I hate to see this because alot of hurt birds because of good marketing.

I stay with the Federal for over the counter or TSS for the guys that like to kill paper and birds.

I agree! Those Federal HW loads are going to be hard to top as far as production loads go.

Last edited:

fountain

I predict a lot of wounded gobblers with these shells. the 20 ga is making a strong comeback in the turkey woods with the development of the htl loads. now, there will be a cheaper shell that produces great patterns..but not the killing power that is consistently needed in the 20, and many hunters wont realize this. marketing can be part blame for this

I plan to get some and try them, and may even hunt them, but I will know what they do and how hard they will hit before I turn em loose in the woods. a few redneck penetration tests on roofing tin at various ranges can confirm this for me

DRBugman85

When I started Turkey hunting I shot a 20 ga full choke single barrel with low brass 7 1/2 shot and 7/8 oz Framed them dead (35 yards) Grand dad shot a Browning sweet 16 mod choke with dove loads and killed them dead (35 yards) with green coveralls and a sweat stain straw hat.The 20 ga Longbeard shot shells should frame a turkey dead as well with the chokes that are available today.1000 fps is by far faster than the shells I shot in 1962 .PS I shoot Longbeard 3 1/2 because I can today SMOKES THEM

Timber1

BANNED
Does anyone know if heat effects the resin?
Will shooting them in cold weather opposed to hot change the patterning performance? What if you leave a box in a closed up vehicle on a hot day, will the resin change its adhesion properties?