2018 Season of Great Memories and so many first experiences!

FMBear

For 2018, I've put more concentration on creating first experiences for my friends, both long time friends and those I've been meeting at the fishing holes. The experiences I've been part of with others have made this year one of the best fishing seasons for sure!

To start, my friend Chiquita has always entrusted with me her new experiences on the water. Some time back I took her trout fishing and learned she could not swim...after putting her on a rock next to the rapids. She had a great first trout fishing trip, but I was going to make sure her comfort with the waterways was addressed. Soon after, I took her to Lanier one evening after work and got her over her fear of water. In one afternoon, I got her comfortable enough in wading and treading water that she took the next steps and taught herself how to swim. This May, I took her out and got her on the boat for her first spotted bass and a chance to captain the boat.

Next, while striper fishing with my wife, she reminded me that she's never caught a carp after seeing several break the surface. So after 3 weekends of trying, I was able to put her on her first two weeks ago.
2 days later, we took advantage of a nice weekday evening and got her best friend her first carp, and very first fish ever! Needless to say, for a first fish, that carp gave her an awesome first experience and line pulling battle.

Today, we are back at the carp hole sharing it with Jayden and his grandpa, who were bream and catfishing. Steph was able to get herself a fine carp when Jayden became very interested in seeing the golden fish for the first time. The next one hooked I gave Jayden the rod, but unfortunately, it made a strong run and broke the line on some rocks. So when the next carp got on, he insisted I reel it in so he can hold his first carp.

While Lanier has been a challenge this year with the windy, wet spring and the boat ramp closures after the tropical storm, its been awesome at the fishing holes, just relaxing on shore, as I did in the summers as a kid growing up. Great conversations and laughs have been plenty with the others doing the same.

Attachments

• Chiquita Spot.jpeg
    Chiquita Spot.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Chiquita Captain.jpeg
    Chiquita Captain.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 24
  • Steph Carp.jpg
    Steph Carp.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 23
  • AlexCarp1.jpg
    AlexCarp1.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Steph Carp Fight.jpeg
    Steph Carp Fight.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Steph Carp 2.jpeg
    Steph Carp 2.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Fred Carp1.jpg
    Fred Carp1.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 20

Coenen

Way to spread the love! I really like the idea of carp as a "beginner" fish, they're accessible, they get big, and they pull great. What more could you ask for?

hopper

Awsome, use to take my daughters carp fishing when little. Great time for younger kids they act like they hooked a whale.

olcaptain

Well done. You make Max and I really proud :)