209 Primers - Never would have imagined…

Glenn

Never thought I would have seen the day where one could not find a pack of 209 Primers.
I’ve been slowly going through the old packs of primers I’ve had until I ran out. No biggie…I’ll just run by Walmart or the local gun shop and buy some more.

Nope!

Now I’m having to borrow some from my father until I can run across some.

Might be using my old Hawkens this season, as I have plenty of round balls, patches and caps for it.

Just a rant….

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Never thought I would have seen the day where one could not find a pack of 209 Primers.
I’ve been slowly going through the old packs of primers I’ve had until I ran out. No biggie…I’ll just run by Walmart or the local gun shop and buy some more.

Nope!

Now I’m having to borrow some from my father until I can run across some.

Might be using my old Hawkens this season, as I have plenty of round balls, patches and caps for it.

Just a rant….

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/C...Limit-5-boxes-5000-primers/productinfo/CH209/

Glenn

You can thank the fear mongering hoarders and scabbers for your problems. They are to blame.

Personally, I hope they get stuck with all of the stuff when the prices come back down. And they will.

I agree!

I actually am going to just use my old Hawkens 50 cal. as I know it is dead on and I have plenty of supplies for it. Will save what few primers I borrowed for my kids to hunt with the modern muzzleloader.

And unfortunately there are a lot of these scabber individuals watching every ammo availability thread that was ever posted on the internet.....so people who post ammo availabilities are the people to blame as well. I know where to find ammo but I dont tell anyone because if you do some retired, got nothing better to do chicken hawks goes there and buys it all up to hoard it and make some extra cash.

I have seen the retired chicken hawks waiting for the doors to open.....they exist and I'm not making this stuff up.

My wife's 80 year old aunt is one of these chicken hawks. An 80 year old lady buying ammo to give it to her son to re-sell at his work....then brags about her findings....lol

Its really quite ridiculous. Far more ridiculous than I ever expected.

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHERE AMMO IS AVAILABLE AT PUBLICLY!!

frankwright

Glenn if you are ever in my area I will give you a couple of packs. I am in the clayton/Henry County Area!

Jester896

Senior Clown
I'm not a Black Powder guy and don't know if a shotgun 209 will work...but you could get a pack of Federal or Winchester and I am a little closer.

I thought I saw some in Kevin's last time I dropped in.

Glenn

I'm not a Black Powder guy and don't know if a shotgun 209 will work...but you could get a pack of Federal or Winchester and I am a little closer.

Kevin’s is out…called them first.

rosewood

All I use. Win 209. Used in pedersolli, encore and cva wolf.

Glenn

My Father found some at an old gun shop where I’m from in Wildwood, FL. Place always has stuff I need over the years, including my 250 Savage ammo.

Now to make the 3 hour drive south to pick them up. ?