2nd Knee Replacement

rstallings1979

Good luck to a successful surgery. Just a few tips after watching my mother go through it. Take physical therapy seriously. Try to work it out as much as possible. If you have a rocking chair use it to work out the knee while rocking.

hawkeye123

Good luck been putting off my 2nd one for 2 yrs, Prayers sent for a successful one! You know what to do! , should be a cakewalk, PT and PT and PT!!!

olcaptain

Second complete total knee replacement surgery done and having walked around the nurses station using my walker I find myself back home by 2:00. They gave me some good medication because I can hardly keep my head up. I have my first PT appointment in Greensboro at 5:00 PM tomorrow. Ready to grab it and growl. May have a different attitude once this fine stuff wears off. Stay tuned ⚓
A644BC47-C643-4EF7-BE68-D4FEECCE26F7.jpeg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Second complete total knee replacement surgery done and having walked around the nurses station using my walker I find myself back home by 2:00. They gave me some good medication because I can hardly keep my head up. I have my first PT appointment in Greensboro at 5:00 PM tomorrow. Ready to grab it and growl. May have a different attitude once this fine stuff wears off. Stay tuned ⚓
View attachment 1205907

Good news Captain. Take care of yourself.

Hoss

Glad to hear you are doing well. Hopefully things don’t get to bad when the happy juice wears off.

You had stated that you don’t get out of the canoe much due to your limited mobility. Is this going to enable you to get moving more once you recover.

olcaptain

Glad to hear you are doing well. Hopefully things don’t get to bad when the happy juice wears off.

You had stated that you don’t get out of the canoe much due to your limited mobility. Is this going to enable you to get moving more once you recover.
I sure hope so!

olcaptain

Update Saturday noonish

Doing great! So much better this time around. Sleeping well, not nauseous. Been to PT once and will begin 3x week next week. Since its not my driving foot PT says I can drive in 2 weeks. Currently cooking and eating burgers in the kitchen. Come see me!

Attachments

• A98B0313-6BB6-4C7A-81EF-28C7402F2D0C.jpeg
    A98B0313-6BB6-4C7A-81EF-28C7402F2D0C.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 507DF1A8-2872-4C49-BBF3-15D92FE3D57E.jpeg
    507DF1A8-2872-4C49-BBF3-15D92FE3D57E.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 19

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Update Saturday noonish

Doing great! So much better this time around. Sleeping well, not nauseous. Been to PT once and will begin 3x week next week. Since it’s not my driving foot PT says I can drive in 2 weeks. Currently cooking and eating burgers in the kitchen. Come see me!
Great news Captain ! Annie looks concerned , or ready to go for a canoe ride :)

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Update Saturday noonish

Doing great! So much better this time around. Sleeping well, not nauseous. Been to PT once and will begin 3x week next week. Since its not my driving foot PT says I can drive in 2 weeks. Currently cooking and eating burgers in the kitchen. Come see me!
Great report glad to hear it

switchbackxt1

As I paddled up the creek this afternoon for what may be my last voyage before my knee surgery on Wednesday a lot of things went through my mind. I wanted to have my six cameras set and ready for those who will check them for me in my absence. As I felt the all familiar pull of the paddle in my arms and back I also wondered how many 70 year old boys there are who would be doing such a thing this close to surgery whilst wearing their pajama pants? Finally, I pondered on how blessed I am to have my health and a nice back up canoe to use while the Carp Shark is in the shop. Folks, it isn’t original with me but someone once said, “ You don’t have to be wealthy to be rich.”
View attachment 1205326
View attachment 1205327
View attachment 1205328
View attachment 1205329
Good luck on the surgery, keep on getting up

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That’s what I call living the Dream! And no, you don’t have to be wealthy to be rich!:cheers: