Aging slowly vs aging fast

I never smoked or done any drugs I did drink a lot in my younger days. Quit drinking in my mid twenties. I only drink milk water and maybe orange juice occasionally. I try to workout with weights 3 days a week and ride exercise bike 3 days a week when I’m not on the road working. I walk a lot on my job 3-5 miles a day easy. Genetics definitely make a difference but my brother doesn’t exercise drinks about a 12 pack of Dr Pepper daily and eats poorly and it shows. I go to the VA once a year for a physical and cholesterol, heart and all is good. I’ve been blessed with good health and am trying my best to take care of what I have. I’m 44 now and I can easily keep up with the guys in there late 20’s-30’s but that’s not saying a lot when you look at some of them. I would have ran circles around them at the same age. I’ve seen several guys in there 20’s get winded climbing stairs or ladders when I wasn’t even breathing hard so I guess it’s more to do with how you take care of yourself VS age only.