Ahoy all you 7mm-08 fans

Oldstick

Niner said:
I see a bunch of y'all like the 7mm-08.
What rifle(s) do you have for this round.
I see where Browning, Winchester, Remingtomb, Ruger, and probably others have rifles in this caliber.

I've been thinking about investing in one of these animals, and would really like to hear what others are using, and what they like/dislike about their weapon.

Thanks! :type:

They are all good and so is the 7-08. One other thing you will glad you did (in addition to the owners feedback) is to go somewhere that stocks a good selection and try them out to see which looks, feel, fit and features appeal to you the most.

I don't want to start the Walmart debate up again, because I buy lots of stuff there when I know exactly what I want, but I personally would try to purchase from the store that let's me handle and exam several models, IF their price was competive with everyone else.

wolf3006

Sako 75 this is one sweet gun and drops deer like the Hammer of Thor

Lead Poison

I gotta agree with wolf3006 about the Sako 75. I really love the way they're built. You can almost feel the quality when you hold one and cycle the action. These rifles have great triggers and accuracy right out of the box!

My favorite rifle is the Sako 75 Grey Wolf which has a stainless steel action and a laminated stock. In my eyes, it along the Remington 700 LSS, are the best looking rifles made:fine:

Classe

7mm-08 rem

Hi!!
I have a Varberger sporter 7mm-08rem,Apel rings and bases. On top we have a Zeiss contender 4,5-14-44 with mil dot. This rifle was custobuilt and shoots tight groups.
I have shooting game such Roe deer,moose ,hog with it.
On thick skinn game I juse Rhino solid shank 140grain&160grain. On roe deer I juse the balistic silver tip 140 grain.
But on large game my favorite is my Sako 75 ss synthetic in 9,3x66 sako. This rifle has an Zeiss 2,5-10-50 illum. With optilock rings and bases. I load this with 286grain oryx also juse rhino solid shank 286 grain.

classe

Hoyt

Remington 700 Mountain Rifle DM Burris 3x9 compact Hornady 139gr SST w/IMR 4064
9-08.jpg

BIG RANDY

7-08

I use a custom shop Remington model 7 as my walk around gun. It weighs 6lbs 7oz with a VXII 40mm and 5 shells in it. My wife shoots a Browning a bolt and we both shoot my handloaded Remington 140 gr. Corelocks.

dapper dan

Kimber Montana with a Zeiss conquest 3.5x10x50. Using Hornady lightmag sst 139gr.

aa07512

7-08

TC encore blued synth. Nikon 3 to 9 by 40. I shoot the hornady light mags and I love them...

LYNN

What is the muzzle velocity on a 7mm:08

I get such great results out of a 25:06 and 280 that I never considered anything in 308 case because of powder capacity , ease and cost of getting ammo. Sounds like they do a good job though.

Ga-Bullet

Had One Built. Before They were In Style. Killed Over 60 Deer With It. It Seem to Do Pretty Good On Them. Thank I'll Keep it.

G Duck

I shoot a Encore with a Weaver Grand slam, synthetic dipped in advantage timber.
What did Niner end up getting?
this sure is old!!

Tom L.

T/C Encore in 7mm-08...Mueller Red Dot 3-10x44 with custom scope mounts and trigger job in stainless and synth stock. Bought specifically as a deer rig...shoots accurately with Remington Core Lokt in 140. Haven't had a chance to evaluate other rounds yet....but intend to.

Elmo

I have a 7mm-08 in a Remington 700 ADL .A great rifle under $400.00

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Here's mine.......

Model 700 LVSF $700
Titanium Stock $175
Jewell 24oz Trigger $200
Swarovski AV 6x-18x $1,000
DSC_0035-1.jpg

This is my last group........Priceless:bounce:
.201"
Barnes TSX 140gr
43.5gr Varget
DSC_0044-3.jpg

Dub

Dang, Bruz......that is one sweet rifle. I'm wiping coffe drool off my chin right now.

That thing is going to be a peach to handle in the stands and pinpoint accuracy with that scope. You are capable of some laser like shooting.

What a group. That should hush any neysayers about tsx accuracy.

Man...what a nice rifle. I know that you have a lot to choose from....but I'll be you grab this baby more times than not when heading out to the woods.

Is that a 20" tube? If so, then all the stiffer. Super deer hunting outfit.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Dang, Bruz......that is one sweet rifle. I'm wiping coffe drool off my chin right now.

That thing is going to be a peach to handle in the stands and pinpoint accuracy with that scope. You are capable of some laser like shooting.

What a group. That should hush any neysayers about tsx accuracy.

Man...what a nice rifle. I know that you have a lot to choose from....but I'll be you grab this baby more times than not when heading out to the woods.

Is that a 20" tube? If so, then all the stiffer. Super deer hunting outfit.

Dub,

This is a 22" barrel but with the Ti stock it carries great even with the big scope. I have put a Zeiss 3.5-10 with the ZRF 600 Reticle on my wish list but the Swarovski is good for now. I couldn't believe how well the TSX's shot from this rifle.

Bruz