Anyone familiar with CMG Guitars?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I was wondering if you knew a reputable person to place a value on an old guitar, Treeman? I'm thinking about selling my father's Gibson this year I think. It's not doing me any good sitting in the closet collecting dust. I'm a drummer, not a picker or a grinner. :)
Just sent you a pm

How do know if a stage is level? No slobber is hanging from the corners of the drummers mouth :)
Git outta my thread ya bunch of hijackers!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, any guitar talk is good.
I'd love to see a pic of your father's Gibson.

menhadenman

Agree with the other posts about playing it... I played cheap guitars for a solid 20 years before having the cash for good ones. There were a few that I was dead set on buying in my head until I played them and they fell short and put me in another direction. Would like to hear more about the CMGs tho - American made is something we need more of.

4HAND

Staff member
Agree with the other posts about playing it... I played cheap guitars for a solid 20 years before having the cash for good ones. There were a few that I was dead set on buying in my head until I played them and they fell short and put me in another direction. Would like to hear more about the CMGs tho - American made is something we need more of.
I agree completely on "test driving".
However, it's not an option when they build to order.

menhadenman

I agree completely on "test driving".
However, it's not an option when they build to order.

Wonder if you could drop by their shop sometime? You’re making me want to check them out now too ;-)

I’ve noticed bigger differences in acoustic guitars compared to electrics... surely it’d be a fine axe especially if they’ve got the reputation. And good strings and a tube amp is like a good barrel and hair trigger - makes a world of difference ;-)

4HAND

Staff member
Wonder if you could drop by their shop sometime? You’re making me want to check them out now too ;-)

I’ve noticed bigger differences in acoustic guitars compared to electrics... surely it’d be a fine axe especially if they’ve got the reputation. And good strings and a tube amp is like a good barrel and hair trigger - makes a world of difference ;-)
I think so. Sounds like he will ship it to me or I can drive up & get it when it's finished.
I ordered one of his Tele's today.

4HAND

Staff member
That is beautiful!!! How do you like it?
So far I love it. The one possibly negative thing I have noticed is the neck finish is not as satiny slick as my Fender. Not a deal breaker though.
Absolutely love the deep cutaway!

TomC

Looks like the new one has a flatter fretboard. Might seem strange at first but I bet you'll find it easier and faster to play once you get used to it. You just need one with a humbucker in the neck to complete your collection. Tele's rule!!!!

crackerdave

One of those dealers is an acquaintance of mine. I've bought several guitars from him over the years. He has one that I've played.
He's known Mitchell for years & highly recommends him.
One reason I'm still thinking about it is I don't like to buy "sight unseen". I'd much rather play it before I buy it. Hard to do when they're built by order though.
Agree!

Tight Lines

All I have to say is I am envious of anyone who can play a six string well...I was not gifted with the ability to play a musical instrument...it appears we have quite a few GONers that are talented musicians! The new axe looks great!