Average truck payment is nearing $1000

transfixer

Fixer, what would be your go-to used truck right now?

small trucks would be a Tacoma late nineties , early 2000's, big trucks would be Silverado/sierra , I'm currently driving a 2001 Silverado 2500HD with the 6.0 gas and 4L80e transmission 4wd, its a virtually bulletproof drivetrain, 340k on mine and still runs great , but the rest of the truck is showing wear, I'll probably just replace/repair as needed, but if I upgrade it will be for the same truck somewhere between 2010 and 2014, maybe a 15/16, but I don't care for the added complications of everything past 14, I can take a 2014 with less than 200k pull the oil pan, replace the pickup tube o-ring, new pan gasket, new rear main seal, build the trans , use a billet front torque converter, reprogram the lockup strategy, and delete the active fuel management from the engine strategy, and have a good solid long lasting drivetrain.

LTZ25

Do the math = 50,000.00 truck after tax around 56,000.00 finance for 4 years $1,166.00 Plus interest your looking at around $1,300.00 payments .
Lots of fellows on here keep trucks for 10+ years and have zero payments , this will become more common in the near future . These simple figures don't include the insurance on a new truck thats going to be around $1500.00 a year . I have not financed a car in years , can you still get a simple interest loan .