Bank Fishing Canton

Hello All,

I'm in the Hickory Flat area of Canton and I was wondering if anyone knew of any spots in or around Canton where I could do some bank fishing and have some luck doing so? I was also wondering what type of bait to be using? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
There are 3 parks on the Etowah : Boling Park (behind the high school), Then Heritage Park and Etowah River Park are just a little further up river from there. Soft swim baits or medium shiners for white bass and line sides when they at the end of their run (now or very soon). Other than that livers and night crawlers for cats and crickets or wigglers for bream.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The lake is way up which can be good or bad for bank fishing, but usually good! There are a few boat ramps off SR 20. I’d fish all of them. But knots bridge would be my first stop. I like all @Batjack ’s baits, but I always have a top water handy, especially if you find the bottom not bank fisherman friendly.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Careful of the methheads that tend to congregate at KnoxBridge, good luck.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I was there a week ago and found one of those meatheads. someone hit my friend's trailer and then tried to blame my friend for him hitting it...my friend's truck was parked and he wasn't even in the car.
I live nearby and go else where, just not worth it.

oldfella1962

I was there a week ago and found one of those meatheads. someone hit my friend's trailer and then tried to blame my friend for him hitting it...my friend's truck was parked and he wasn't even in the car.
Before I google the Georgia hunting regulations, when does meth head season open up, and what is the daily limit? Asking for a friend! :)

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Before I google the Georgia hunting regulations, when does meth head season open up, and what is the daily limit? Asking for a friend! :)
If their stealing out of my truck, there’s no closed season or bag limit.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
If their stealing out of my truck, there’s no closed season or bag limit.
I believe it falls under incidental take………they ARE a non-native invasive species!