Beliefs

Brother David

None of us do. But many are deceived into thinking that there’s not a possibility that they’re wrong.

Now.....I’m taking my ball and going home for a few days. My son is getting married this weekend and I have some family / friends to entertain and a lot of preparation ahead. ?
May God bless you and your family time !

WaltL1

None of us do. But many are deceived into thinking that there’s not a possibility that they’re wrong.

Now.....I’m taking my ball and going home for a few days. My son is getting married this weekend and I have some family / friends to entertain and a lot of preparation ahead. ?
Congrats to your son!

ambush80

I don't want to think wrongly.

I don't

want

to think wrongly.

I don't want to build wrongly.
I don't want to drive wrongly.
I don't want to speak wrongly.
I don't want to discharge my firearm wrongly.

The last 4 examples make it a little more plain that there can be a thing done that is not itself the desire for rightness in it, nor the concomitant hope of not experiencing wrongness in it. The thing of not wanting to "do it wrongly" must precede, and is therefore not that very act (and separate from them) of the doing.

How then is that squared to "I do not want to think wrongly"? It might be of better accuracy, if not usefulness to say "I think I do not want to think wrongly" unless one plainly and concisely can separate that want from the very act of thinking.

In other words "I am myself, in myself, all that is separate from the proceeding act of thinking what is "to the right, and not the wrong".

"Before thought...my essence is of right"

Unless one is able to concede "I am only what thinks I do not want to think wrongly"

The liking of the color red is not, and cannot be itself, the color red.
Yet the thinking one has the desire to not think wrongly...remains itself...only, and no more than...thinking.

And some men yet find laughter in the thought of speaking in tongues!

When they awaken to the fact that they speak to their very own selves not even knowing what they say...they may find hope for more sense.

But brother...you are no more to the right of things than I, or any other man born of water. All "I"s like the way they think. And think they do not want to think "wrongly."

So it may ultimately be of most accuracy to say "I am what wants to think of itself as what does not want to think wrongly"

But then one would simply be saying "I am just a man".

And really, we all already knew that.

I don't understand what you're trying to convey. Is this a treatise on consciousness? Is it about epistemology?

I'm almost completely certain that a man has never literally, physically resurrected from the dead. I base that on all we know about biology and physics. That would be the "right" position to take. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure. If you claim that a man rose from the dead you better have pretty compelling evidence, the kind of evidence that would make it "wrong" to not believe that he did. If you insist that the claim is true but you don't have any evidence then that thinking is "wrong".

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I need to better understand why you don't believe , before I can move forward . We both agree that mankind can be misleading.
You are mankind. You have woefully been unable to provide any proof that backs up your claims and assertions. Without that, you are misleading.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
It's the added words, added verses and changed words Spotlite. They are not errors. They are willful changes.
That can be a valid argument.

Spotlite, why do I get along in life just as well as any other person without all that assurance.?
I think you touched on it...the bible is a crutch for those that need it. It is a safety blanket.
Nothing says that you can’t. “Safety blanket” could be a way of putting it.

But for many, it’s not a crutch, this is something we want and choose.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Have fun, and I hope your son and his bride have a super nice wedding!
Have a blast! Enjoy the celebration. Congrats to you and your Son. Please accept a long distance handshake from Pennsylvania.
Have a blast! Enjoy the celebration. Congrats to you and your Son. Please accept a long distance handshake from Pennsylvania.
Congrats to your son!
May God bless you and your family time !

Thanks!!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Ok , it's about Belief , I have stated my beliefs and you haven't .
Beliefs regarding what?
I have made myself consistently clear about beliefs in god(s).

I just do not know what, who, or if there is a god(s).
I believe that if there is, itbis too complicated for me to understand, too complex for it to care and too unknowable for me to pretend to try.