Bigfoot encounters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I don't need proof that they don't exist-the default is that they don't. Burden of proof is therefore on the believers. Do you have any proof that werewolves don't exist in Dekalb County? Or dragons? Or six-legged purple deer with wings?

You spend a little time down around Virginia Highlands area and you might change your mind on that one.:rofl:

GA DAWG

My plan is to just wound ol bigfoot. Pop him in the knee. Run out there and wrassle him down. Tie him up and load him on the truck. Come put him in the horse trailer. Call vet and Bigfoothunter and Bfriendly asap :D

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
My plan is to just wound ol bigfoot. Pop him in the knee. Run out there and wrassle him down. Tie him up and load him on the truck. Come put him in the horse trailer. Call vet and Bigfoothunter and Bfriendly asap :D

Wouldn't some Jack Links Beef Jerky be easier?:huh:

Dub

8p10n.gif

Cap 'em in the knees like Jeff Galooley on Nancy Kerrigan.

GA DAWG

Wouldn't some Jack Links Beef Jerky be easier?:huh:
I dont think its legal to hunt bigfoots over bait in North Ga. I guess I could just trap him but Im afraid I couldnt handle him if hes not wounded some:clap: You didnt see this track. Im thinking hes gonna weigh in about 675.

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
I understand your question. You keep saying there is absolutely zero evidence to point to the existence of this creature. I am saying, if you review the work of the people that I have named before, you would see that there is some evidence that withstands scientific scrutiny, and it is compelling enough to pursue the question further. It is a lot of reading, but if you are not willing to do that, then you are just going to have to sit around and wait for a body to turn up. I am looking at the big picture, I can see beyond the obvious hoaxes and nay sayers that base their opinions on their prejudicial attitude toward things that are not sitting in their faces. Anecdotal evidence from the time of the indians to present day, track way evidence, vocal recordings, hair samples, intriguing DNA reports (not Ketchum's) are all either the result of a coordinated, nation wide, centuries old conspiracy, or the result of a real animal. People said the same things about gorillas and pandas before specimens were presented for examination. These things have happened before. I am simply keeping an open mind on the subject. I have spent many years researching the phenomenon, so it is difficult for me to just direct people who want to know why I put any stock in this, to a few sources, especially when they refuse to read them, and continue saying, "there is zero evidence", when that is simply not true.

Here you mentioned anecdotal evidence existing from the time of the Indians to present. This is a common claim among the bigfoot community, but one I feel that is greatly embellished... outside of a few tribes on the west coast there is no Native American folklore which could be even remotely related to a bigfoot type creature without a great big imagination. A big perpetuater of this is another highly acclaimed (among bigfooters anyhow) is that Dr. Kathy Strain out in California.

She actually has stated on several occasions on various bf television shows that sasquatch was a N.A. word for the bigfeets. Well I have done a good bit of reading on this subject myself (we didn't have a tv when I was growing up), and the truth is, and it is well documented... sasquatch is a totally made up word. A school teacher in B.C. Canada coined the term and admitted that it was derived from the combination of words from two seperate groups. This indeed highlights a major problem with me among the bigfooting crowd. Which exactly is the 'right' bunch to throw in with? Dr. Bindernagel started looking for bigfeets, pretty much full time in 1963 and all he's managed to come up with is a handful of footprint casts and he 'thought' he might have heard one holler once? What's that, almost 5 decades spent researching in the heart of so-called bigfoot territory... and that's all he's got? I ain't sure I would be real crazy about doing no bigfooting with him... cause he purty much sucks at it?

As I done posted, IMO ol' Meldrum is getting into the deep end a little to fast to suit me, and I think anyone else who tries to approach this subject objectively. Last time I saw him on the tv he was plumb nutty acting while on a bf hunting trip to a cabin up in Ontario. My days of reading bigfooter books may be wrapped up anyhow... the last one I read was Mary Green's "50 Years with Bigfoot", I didn't no whether to laugh or cry when I got done.

The whole bigfoot phenomenom went south at the advent of the internet, taking most of the credibility with it. I respect the fact that you are attempting to choose your own path and carefully consider your choices of 'experts' from which to draw from... but they just ain't much to hang your hat on out there to start with. And bluntly speaking, you done started out in the wrong place... I ain't saying that there ain't no bigfeets somewhere over in Tibet or maybe in some un-trekked wilderness of western Canada. But I am 100% positive that the preponderance of the evidence, along with the experiences of hundreds of thousands of outdoorsmen and the generations before them... then throw in a good dose of common sense and I guarantee you they ain't no bigfeets in the southeast! Keep looking if you want to... and if ya'll do find one I'll do a Nic and eat the dang thing down at the courthouse... naked!

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
I dont think its legal to hunt bigfoots over bait in North Ga. I guess I could just trap him but Im afraid I couldnt handle him if hes not wounded some:clap: You didnt see this track. Im thinking hes gonna weigh in about 675.

I'm gonna have mine mounted and hang him on the wall of my double-wide!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Here you mentioned anecdotal evidence existing from the time of the Indians to present. This is a common claim among the bigfoot community, but one I feel that is greatly embellished... outside of a few tribes on the west coast there is no Native American folklore which could be even remotely related to a bigfoot type creature without a great big imagination. A big perpetuater of this is another highly acclaimed (among bigfooters anyhow) is that Dr. Kathy Strain out in California.

She actually has stated on several occasions on various bf television shows that sasquatch was a N.A. word for the bigfeets. Well I have done a good bit of reading on this subject myself (we didn't have a tv when I was growing up), and the truth is, and it is well documented... sasquatch is a totally made up word. A school teacher in B.C. Canada coined the term and admitted that it was derived from the combination of words from two seperate groups. This indeed highlights a major problem with me among the bigfooting crowd. Which exactly is the 'right' bunch to throw in with? Dr. Bindernagel started looking for bigfeets, pretty much full time in 1963 and all he's managed to come up with is a handful of footprint casts and he 'thought' he might have heard one holler once? What's that, almost 5 decades spent researching in the heart of so-called bigfoot territory... and that's all he's got? I ain't sure I would be real crazy about doing no bigfooting with him... cause he purty much sucks at it?

As I done posted, IMO ol' Meldrum is getting into the deep end a little to fast to suit me, and I think anyone else who tries to approach this subject objectively. Last time I saw him on the tv he was plumb nutty acting while on a bf hunting trip to a cabin up in Ontario. My days of reading bigfooter books may be wrapped up anyhow... the last one I read was Mary Green's "50 Years with Bigfoot", I didn't no whether to laugh or cry when I got done.

The whole bigfoot phenomenom went south at the advent of the internet, taking most of the credibility with it. I respect the fact that you are attempting to choose your own path and carefully consider your choices of 'experts' from which to draw from... but they just ain't much to hang your hat on out there to start with. And bluntly speaking, you done started out in the wrong place... I ain't saying that there ain't no bigfeets somewhere over in Tibet or maybe in some un-trekked wilderness of western Canada. But I am 100% positive that the preponderance of the evidence, along with the experiences of hundreds of thousands of outdoorsmen and the generations before them... then throw in a good dose of common sense and I guarantee you they ain't no bigfeets in the southeast! Keep looking if you want to... and if ya'll do find one I'll do a Nic and eat the dang thing down at the courthouse... naked!

Thank Goodness for Someone with some Sense:clap:

OCM, btw is gonna make this whole thread worth your (OP)while.............OCM knows this subject far better than I.
However, we tend to disagree with our own conclusions on the subject.
You can tell the poster of this above quote has done Extensive research, and reading of books or whatnot, and has a very strong opinion about the subject.

Myself, only some studies, movies, many of which were terrible, like The Legend of Boggy Creek as a youngster and Many, many, many "So called" Reports; sighting or encounter type reports..............but look at what is in Blue.

I love this person like a brother, but would someone Please explain to my dear Campfire friend, about Migration.:D :cool: :cheers:

Roberson

I'm still on the fence concerning the whole existence of bigfoot issue, but this story sounds to me like a big deer was blowin and stompin at him. things are much creepier in the dark, 'specially when awoken from a dead sleep late at night.

I've never heard a deer scream like a woman, though.... or stomp back and forth breaking limbs. An Elk in rut, maybe.... but not in Cohutta.
Hey BigfootHunter, my brother, who is not given to fanciful tales, saw what he said was a Bigfoot near Lake Rutledge a few years back, he said he was about 50 yards away when he saw this thing bent down at the waters edge, it stood up and walked away on two legs, and it was covered in fur, about 5 feet tall, and he said he got the heck outta there, as he had his wife and kids in the boat with him, and he was scared this thing was gonna jump in the water and swim after them.

Bigfoothunter

I've never heard a deer scream like a woman, though.... or stomp back and forth breaking limbs. An Elk in rut, maybe.... but not in Cohutta.
Hey BigfootHunter, my brother, who is not given to fanciful tales, saw what he said was a Bigfoot near Lake Rutledge a few years back, he said he was about 50 yards away when he saw this thing bent down at the waters edge, it stood up and walked away on two legs, and it was covered in fur, about 5 feet tall, and he said he got the heck outta there, as he had his wife and kids in the boat with him, and he was scared this thing was gonna jump in the water and swim after them.

I have never heard of a deer doing that either, but I am not arguing with everyone's theories.

Your story is exactly the reason why I started this thread. Can I get you to message me the details of your brother's encounter? Like location time of day and so forth. I appreciate you sharing that story.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
We are just remaining open to Possibilities, no?;)

I Mean, We SHould, remain............

Status
Not open for further replies.