Black bear in Butts co. ?

RipperIII

My buddy who has a hunting area adjacent to mine sent a pic of a black bear and 2 cubs sitting in a plot. Pic was taken last week.
Cubs appear to be slightly larger than a cockerspainiel.
We are in S.E. Butts county...Indian springs area.
Anyone seeing bear in this area?

2dye4

I’m not sure why GA doesn’t have a state wide bear season. I’ve got one roaming around my property. Geographically they aren’t supposed to be there, but there is not a season. Makes no sense to me.

specialk

Dauset Trails rehabs animals might have had some get out maybe....been hunting there 40yrs and never seen any....ill be on the lookout now!!

jhanie79

I was told last year, take it for what it's worth, there was some released over near the south river. Now, in another note, hcfd ran a call for a person hit on 1-75 just south of the locust Grove exit. It was in fact a black bear.

specialk

can u post the pic?

Hawken2222

In the summer of 2016 I had one on my TC in Jasper county. Then is summer of 2019 I saw bear tracks on the same ground in Jasper. This summer on my ground in Hancock I had one show up on a trail camera.

SlipperyHill Mo

If you want a HUNT-ABLE population in your area you have to let them reproduce. Just because you see a few bears does not mean we need a season in that county.

I am leaving the season up to the DNR biologists. They know a little more than hunters on a forum.

Hope it happens some day. Just not today.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Never seen one in Upson but it sounds like they are close by.

Latest posts