Boyd’s stock cracked

Kev

Could the inlet be slightly smaller than the action? May have been the action forcing the sides apart when fully torqued. Better a little oversize on the inlet and bedding the action or least recoil lug and tang area to fill any gaps.
I just know I shot it and the stock cracked.

Hillbilly stalker

I’ve got an unfinished wooden .44 carbine stock from Boyd’s that I bought around 20 years ago. Can’t find them now. Y’all reckon I should strengthen it before I ever use it ? Them carbines always crack there too. It’s still in the box, I haven’t needed it yet.

rosewood

I’ve got an unfinished wooden .44 carbine stock from Boyd’s that I bought around 20 years ago. Can’t find them now. Y’all reckon I should strengthen it before I ever use it ? Them carbines always crack there too. It’s still in the box, I haven’t needed it yet.
You could bed it around the radius where it meets the action. Could also pillar bed the bolt holes.

Rosewood

bighonkinjeep

Theres a pretty big difference in the materials they used 20 years ago and what they use now. In my experience the laminate in the older Boyds is much harder material.