Braves 2024 Season Thread

DannyW

Well I wuz rong...Braves created a spot on the big league roster for Chavez. Sent Jackson Stephens down to Gwinnett instead.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Striders breakingball(s) were something else today. He appeared to have it/them on a string. Very good with mixing speeds and directions. If he can hold that pitch and continue to refine it; watch out!

HermanMerman

The Phillies fell apart when Wheeler got pulled.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
The Phillies fell apart when Wheeler got pulled.
This is where AA has stacked the deck. The front and back end of the pitching staff is just insane. Topped off with a 1-9 hitting threat.

This is where they will win. 'Get to the 6th' mentality.

BornToHuntAndFish

Dang it, I just had to read the following article. And it fundamentally changed my opinion of Ronald Acuna.

No, I still don't like the bat flips. Nor the prancing around the bases. But at least now I see why.

This is a long read...10-15 minutes. But I found it well worth it.

Ronald Acuna Story

Sports radio this morning before lunch was interviewing Snitker & asking if he was aware of Acuna writing that article about himself but he was not & they recommended the coach read it sometime in the next week.

BornToHuntAndFish

Congrats to the Braves on a fine opening day win with Duvall's 2-run double tying the score in the 7th followed by a Braves 7-run 8th-inning as Olson (3-doubles, 3-RBI's), Harris, & Arcia deliver 3-hits each & Strider gets 8-K's in 5.0-IP. Nice having Atlanta play today instead of yesterday with no day off interruptions in the 1st series.

GJ3rIWrWMAACrQo

Box Score

5th - Marsh homered to left center (396 feet), Stott scored.
7th - Duvall doubled to left, Arcia scored and Harris II scored.
8th - Harris II singled to center, Olson scored.
8th - Acuña Jr. singled to left, Harris II scored, Duvall to second, d'Arnaud to third.
8th - d'Arnaud scored on Brogdon wild pitch, Acuña Jr. to second on wild pitch by Brogdon, Duvall to third on wild pitch by Brogdon.
8th - Riley walked, Duvall scored, Albies to second, Acuña Jr. to third.
8th - Olson doubled to right, Acuña Jr. scored, Riley scored and Albies scored.
9th - Castellanos singled to left, Bohm scored.

GJ19Z_PXwAEv-Br

biggdogg

Losing Murphy to the IL with an oblique injury stings a little.

BornToHuntAndFish

Yep, unfortunately, Fried lasted only 2-outs in the 1st while giving up 3-runs, 3-walks, & 2-hits after 43-pitches.

Fine win for the Braves with 19-hits which includes 5-players having 3-hits each: Acuna, Albies (3-RBI's), Harris, Arcia, Kelenic

GJ9JEbwWwAAW1PI

Box Score

1st - Albies homered to right center (391 feet), Acuña Jr. scored.
1st - Castellanos walked, Schwarber scored, Realmuto to second, Harper to third.
1st - Stott singled to left, Harper scored and Realmuto scored, Castellanos to second.
2nd - d'Arnaud doubled to right, Arcia scored and Harris II scored.
2nd - Kelenic singled to center, d'Arnaud scored.
3rd - Olson homered to right (337 feet).
3rd - Kelenic singled to right, Harris II scored, Arcia to third.
3rd - Realmuto homered to left center (398 feet).
6th - Albies singled to right, Kelenic scored, Acuña Jr. to third.
6th - Ozuna homered to left center (377 feet), Acuña Jr. scored and Albies scored.
9th - Harris II homered to right center (374 feet).

Chris Sale starts Sunday's game tomorrow.
GJ64dSrXcAA_wnm