CHAIN SAW?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
how you like the 362?

Only a year late in answering but it's a great saw. A little on the heavy side but other than that it'll buzz through hickory like it's paper.

Non-ethanol gas makes a difference, too.

It makes all the difference. I refuse to run ethanol through my small engines. It helps that the local QT finally got a Regular gas pump.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I just bought one of these (have a 250 also). The 261 is a beast. Buy once cry once.
OUt of all the saws we have at work, that 261 gets grabbed the most. Great all around saw.

BeerThirty

I bought my first chainsaw about 6 years ago, a Husq from tractor supply. Don't know the model but it was the top of the line one they offered. Got home, fired it up and it worked just fine. Sat on the shelf in my shed for bit over a year before I actually needed it. Opened the case and oil was everywhere, the bar/chain oil leaked out. Turns out there is not an actual separate reservoir for the chain oil, but instead it, it's part of the entire, two-piece orange housing that wraps around of the body of the chainsaw and is simply screwed together (if that makes sense). In other words, the oilk was leaking out the seam. Because I waited too long to report the issue, Husq customer service did nothing for me. Now, my chain oil leaks. Good saw otherwise. Just annoying.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I bought my first chainsaw about 6 years ago, a Husq from tractor supply. Don't know the model but it was the top of the line one they offered. Got home, fired it up and it worked just fine. Sat on the shelf in my shed for bit over a year before I actually needed it. Opened the case and oil was everywhere, the bar/chain oil leaked out. Turns out there is not an actual separate reservoir for the chain oil, but instead it, it's part of the entire, two-piece orange housing that wraps around of the body of the chainsaw and is simply screwed together (if that makes sense). In other words, the oilk was leaking out the seam. Because I waited too long to report the issue, Husq customer service did nothing for me. Now, my chain oil leaks. Good saw otherwise. Just annoying.

Husqvarna quality has gone downhill ever since they started focusing on home owner equipment. I like my 51 but I don't believe I would buy another one. Stihl for me.