Stihl Chain Saw

Robert28

If I can still get parts for my old 044 you won’t have to worry about your 250 for a long time. I would get the 250 over the 251 btw, the main reason being the 251 is one bar nut instead of 2 on the 250. No thanks to that! 250 is a little bit more simpler than the 251 too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If I can still get parts for my old 044 you won’t have to worry about your 250 for a long time. I would get the 250 over the 251 btw, the main reason being the 251 is one bar nut instead of 2 on the 250. No thanks to that! 250 is a little bit more simpler than the 251 too.
We just trashed a 251. Didn't hold up at all compared to our other Stihls. We still have an old unkillable 032 that was here when I came here 28 years ago, and still is a workhorse.

Robert28

We just trashed a 251. Didn't hold up at all compared to our other Stihls. We still have an old unkillable 032 that was here when I came here 28 years ago, and still is a workhorse.
Stihl really cheapened up their homeowner saws in the last few years for some stupid reason. The 250 used to be one of their best sellers and a popular saw but they ruined it with the 251. One bar nut. Who does that?? Only saws I’d touch in the homeowner line is a 250 if you can get one or the 271 farm boss. The 170 is a good little saw for what it is too but you can’t beat on it too much.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Stihl really cheapened up their homeowner saws in the last few years for some stupid reason. The 250 used to be one of their best sellers and a popular saw but they ruined it with the 251. One bar nut. Who does that?? Only saws I’d touch in the homeowner line is a 250 if you can get one or the 271 farm boss. The 170 is a good little saw for what it is too but you can’t beat on it too much.
We use the 271s commercially, and they hold up really well. Along with the 261s, they're our all around saws. We've had pretty good luck with the Husky 450s in the cheaper saw category, too.

Tight Lines

I have the 250 and 271...

Latest posts