Chris Stapleton for president 2024

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
He did a good job, the Kentucky All State choir singing the Anthem is one of the best I’ve heard. Year 2019 version on YouTube.

Dub

Stapleton nailed it, for certain.

The dude has pipes and can bring out some soulful sounds from a guitar.

As far as his outspoken political beliefs....I wish he'd rethink 'em and stick to music.....about like I wish Lebron would stick to basketball.

Once an artist and athlete opens up and begins with the woke speak.....they start rapidly losing my interest.

As biased as the NFL is....I'm convinced that Chris Stapleton wouldn't have gotten the gig had he not already been viewed as acceptably woke enough to fit in.

At least he was tasteful and performed the song with honor and respect.

He was a bastion of proper decorum when compared to the crotch grabbing, butt grabbing lip synch tirade at halftime.
Rhianna could have run the same set, same choreographing...same daredevil elevated platforms....but done so with some class, but chose to do otherwise with a few ridiculous gestures she threw in. You'd think a new mom...with another on the way...would want to perform with class and show her children one day, "Look at Momma on the biggest stage of the year.....getting it done".

transfixer

Stapleton nailed it, for certain.

The dude has pipes and can bring out some soulful sounds from a guitar.

As far as his outspoken political beliefs....I wish he'd rethink 'em and stick to music.....about like I wish Lebron would stick to basketball.

Once an artist and athlete opens up and begins with the woke speak.....they start rapidly losing my interest.

As biased as the NFL is....I'm convinced that Chris Stapleton wouldn't have gotten the gig had he not already been viewed as acceptably woke enough to fit in.

At least he was tasteful and performed the song with honor and respect.

He was a bastion of proper decorum when compared to the crotch grabbing, butt grabbing lip synch tirade at halftime.
Rhianna could have run the same set, same choreographing...same daredevil elevated platforms....but done so with some class, but chose to do otherwise with a few ridiculous gestures she threw in. You'd think a new mom...with another on the way...would want to perform with class and show her children one day, "Look at Momma on the biggest stage of the year.....getting it done".

If Rhianna didn't have a decent voice, she'd be working some street corner somewhere, she's a sick person, mentally

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Dub nailed it, Chris did a great job vocally and on overall presentation.

I wish the artist would stick to their art. Their woke commentary undermines my enjoyment of their efforts.

Dub

If Rhianna didn't have a decent voice, she'd be working some street corner somewhere, she's a sick person, mentally

I haven't really followed her closely enough to know.

I remember she was working through domestic violence in her life.

I haven't kept up.

transfixer

I haven't really followed her closely enough to know.

I remember she was working through domestic violence in her life.

I haven't kept up.

When my stepdaughter was in her early teens, she liked Rhianna and thought she was cool, but then she put out a couple of videos that were weird, one was particularly twisted, even my stepdaughter was turned off by it, and said the girl has issues, I've seen her in a movie, and she's a decent actress, but I believe she's got some mental issues, I have no idea what her childhood was like, but suspect it wasn't good

Reactions: Dub

SarahFair

I was coming here to say the same thing.
If you see any artist have some sort of platform to speak, or some sort of honorary moment, you know they've paid the price
...and that price is not worth paying.

When my stepdaughter was in her early teens, she liked Rhianna and thought she was cool, but then she put out a couple of videos that were weird, one was particularly twisted, even my stepdaughter was turned off by it, and said the girl has issues, I've seen her in a movie, and she's a decent actress, but I believe she's got some mental issues, I have no idea what her childhood was like, but suspect it wasn't good
If they weren't born into this life, a lot of the big artists don't come from good homes. They are easy to manipulate with fame, money, and power.
I honestly believe most of them sell their souls.

Dub

I was coming here to say the same thing.
If you see any artist have some sort of platform to speak, or some sort of honorary moment, you know they've paid the price
...and that price is not worth paying.

If they weren't born into this life, a lot of the big artists don't come from good homes. They are easy to manipulate with fame, money, and power.
I honestly believe most of them sell their souls.

You nailed it. (y)

Excellent points.

Toliver

I've seen her in a movie, and she's a decent actress, but I believe she's got some mental issues,
I'm probably one of the few people who enjoyed the movie Battleship. Rhianna and her white dude partner in crime amused me. I had no idea who she was at the time but I liked her character and how she played it. Oh well. She's not the first one to lose their mind from fame going to their heads.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I'm probably one of the few people who enjoyed the movie Battleship. Rhianna and her white dude partner in crime amused me. I had no idea who she was at the time but I liked her character and how she played it. Oh well. She's not the first one to lose their mind from fame going to their heads.

Oh yeah......I'd forgotten about her role in that movie.

Cool.

images-257.jpegimages-258.jpegimages-256.jpegbattleship-movie-image-rihanna-branded.jpg

Lindseys Grandpa

Didn't watch any of it but watched him on YouTube after hearing everybody talk about it . He done good not as good as Whitney ain't sure anybody will ever top that .