Computer Tech's. What does a Java Update Icon look like?

Handgunner

I have one on my toolbar that looks just like the Java Candle, with an arrow on the left circling up and one on the right circling down. When I hold the cursor over it, it says "New Updates are ready to install".

Is this a legitimate Java Update icon?

I read on here a while back about a guy that clicked on one and it was a virus. I just want to make sure it's legit before I click.

What do you think?

Re-tired

Java

Hey Delton; Mine always looked like a little "coffee cup" I don't know if it make a difference where you got your java from. Don't know if this helps but it seems like every one is trying to ruin your PC's now-days:banginghe :banginghe

Handgunner

Re-tired,

Looking at it more closely, it is a "coffee cup"... :eek: :bounce:

My eyes aren't what they used to be. ::banginghe :bounce:

Think it's safe to click it? I right clicked, went to "properties" and it looks legit.. :huh:

Re-tired

Java

Delton do you have anti virus program? If you can download it to a folder then right click it and you should be able to scan just that file with your anti-virus program. But It does sound like the right program. However I very seldom update java unles I'm having trouble opening some pics etc. You could always go to Cnet or ZDnet and download the file right from them and be sure, it's free.....

Handgunner

Thanks, Re-tired, I'll try that.....

brandon

Administrator
That's the real deal. The trademark Java coffee cup icon with a pair of circular arrows around it.

Latest posts