Do you forgo hunting to watch college football?

ditchdoc24

I love the Dawgs and the Falcons! But only because they keep my wife occupied while I go hunting on the weekends. I'm not missing time in the woods to watch ANY game unless my kids are playing in it.

crucible02

You’re way better than most. I still have a few bucks haunt me because the wind switched and one I just flat out picked the wrong pin! What makes that one worse is I swore I hit him and kept waiting for him to fall. And too make that even WORSE...I watched him through crosshairs on my “hog gun” looking for blood!! Wanted him with a bow. Saw him several more times that season through crosshairs and he disappeared February after the season ended (last trail cam pic) and was a no show last season. I’m still kicking myself over him!

I can get over the BullDawgs losing by Sunday morning heading to the deer stand.

I hear ya! I took a shot at what would have been my biggest deer a few years ago with a crossbow. I rushed the shot and missed high, hit him through the top of his back in "no mans land". Had a couple pin-pricks of blood, hair and fat. We tracked and did everything possible to look for him and no dice. Yes, I was frustrated but only at myself for making a rushed shot.

I don't know why but I'm just able move on faster from that than I am football!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
BTW, I won't be in the woods during the UGA-Notre Dame game.

It's an 8PM kickoff. I'll be in the woods and back home in time for it unless I kill one.

pottydoc

If I miss a hunt, I can never get it back. CFB games can be recorded and watched later. The results won’t change. If I watch the game instead of hunting, I will never get to see and experience what went on around my stand. There’s no replay for that.

LittleDrummerBoy

NEVER. NOT EVEN ONCE.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I used to. Now I’m not nearly as inclined to. I’d rather be in the woods.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’m either on lake or in the woods. Much rather live my life than watching someone else live theirs. If home I’ll be out side in yard or fooling with my bird dog.

Duff

Honestly, for years I would never miss a hunt. I guess age and lack of drive has caught up to me. Now, it's what ever mood I'm in. If I want to hunt, I do. If I want to watch the game, I do. If I want to stay at camp and cook or throw horseshoes, I do.

No right answer imo

tbonestep

Exactly!!! It amazes me that delusional Dawg fans still get upset when Georgia chokes (which is every season). That'd be like staying with a woman after she's cheated on you 10 times and then getting upset when she does it again!!! Doesn't make a lick of sense. I have guys at my club that will stay in to watch The Georgia Chihuahuas during the rut!!! Get real.
But you still love us.

Ray357

AWOL
With most college football teams playing their games on Saturday afternoon/evening, do you stay home to watch your favorite team or games, and not go hunting?
You could go deer hunting, or watch college football, which do you do?
Since the BLM activists hijacked College football,bI don't watch it. Last year when hunting and Clemson conflicted, I listened to game on radio in deer stand.

rstallings1979

I lose sleep over seeing a big deer and not getting a shot or missing. I do not lose sleep over my alma mater UGA losing to Alabama for the tenth time in a row.

I will hunt over watching football 8 days a week. Now my family comes first so pre covid I would carry my kids to at least one game a year. I usually made sure that game was an early season game though....