Finally saw the first fawn in Cherokee co.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Out on the toona yesterday afternoon and the wife and I saw a doe with a fawn getting a drink and stretching legs. They were pretty far away and too far for pictures, but I could clearly see the fawn wobbling along the shoreline, staying close to momma. No way it was more than a week old…….just a day or three came to mind. I wish she would have dropped her in my neighbors backyard. It’s only a couple hundred yards away from where we were.

Jim Boyd

Gotta love a fawn sighting.

Over on this side of the river, they are starting to branch out without Mama.

A little bit.

ucfireman

At my place filmed by a neighbor, about 3 days ago. The fawn looks about a week old to me. They usually a born around 6-3 6-6

TJay

I haven't seen a fawn here yet or deer for that matter. Should show themselves any time now.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Saw 3 doe in my backyard yesterday. Looked like the momma and her two babies from last year. Momma looked pretty fat but not really busting out prego……not sure if she is holding or not.

Deernut3

Saw 4 yesterday that were around 35 or 40 pounds already, could barely see their spots. The same piece of land I've gotten pics of one around a week old and one doe that's still SWOLE. Gotta love our 6 month rut !

Kowtown

Just saw my first one of the year. Setting on my front porch cooking a venison burger, don't know if ironic is the correct word.

:huh:

Mackie889

Question on fawning. Do the doe groups split up to have their fawns? I’m only seeing single does. I’ve only seen 1 fawn so far on trail camera and it looked VERY small (maybe 2-3 weeks old). The doe passes by a trail camera a few times each day and usually only one of those has the fawn following.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Doe was eating my neighbors flowers thus morning. Had her fawn with her, Bartow/Cherokee line.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I'm also in Cherokee County and saw the first fawn a week ago. Well the front half. Coyote got it in a neighbor's yard.

ucfireman

I saw two fawns this week, both had been tagged by cars, sadly.
Saw a dead on in the Promised land area of Gwinnett and a dead doe on Annistown road.
Cars are getting a bunch in the Gwinnett area with all the construction and immigrants to the area. Sad

sprewett

Saw a dead on in the Promised land area of Gwinnett and a dead doe on Annistown road.
Cars are getting a bunch in the Gwinnett area with all the construction and immigrants to the area. Sad
Funny, I was on Annistown road yesterday servicing the shell gas station..

ucfireman

Called the county to pick it up and amazingly they picked it up this morning.
Funny, I was on Annistown road yesterday servicing the shell gas station..
Thats about 1/4 mile from me.
Servicing? Delivering gas or testing the pumps? or something else? Just nosey.